Software Engineer - Intern
Nextdoor is hiring a small cohort of Engineering Interns to join our team this summer 2017 and help in transforming the way people connect and communicate with their neighbors.
As an Engineering Intern at Nextdoor, you’ll own a project and work alongside our engineering team to implement full features from ideation through launch. In addition to working directly with our core engineering team, you’ll be paired with a mentor who is aligned with your skillset (mobile - Android or iOS; web front-end; Python/Go backend infrastructure, etc.) and will play a key role in your intern experience. Throughout the summer, your mentor will work with you 1:1 on your intern project, help you learn to navigate our code base, and teach you the best practices of engineering development - all while making sure you have fun along the way.
If you get excited about solving complex problems, are obsessed with using code to help people, and thrive in highly collaborative, mission-driven environments, we want to meet you! Join us in building a new way to communicate on the local level.
Our internships are paid, about 3 months long, and are based at our Nextdoor HQ office in downtown San Francisco.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) with expected graduation in 2018
- Fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong coding abilities, preferably in multiple languages
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Desire to learn about new technologies and systems
- Capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively
- Experience with software design and development
- Passion for the Nextdoor mission and vision
- Company sponsored intern events throughout the summer
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, healthy snacks and more
- Vibrant downtown San Francisco location near Union Square
- An adjustable standing desk
To learn more, check out our engineering blog: engblog.nextdoor.com. Enjoy!
Back to top