Senior Manager of Support Operations
Nextdoor’s mission is to leverage the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods everywhere. Over 100,000 neighborhoods across the U.S. now use to Nextdoor to recommend local service providers, publicize local events, find lost pets, give away or sell household items they no longer need, share information about neighborhood safety, and discuss local issues.
Every month, Nextdoor’s Neighborhood Operations Team (NOPS) receives tens of thousands of contacts from people who need our help with issues that range from simple questions about how to use a feature, to problems joining Nextdoor or establishing the correct boundaries for their neighborhood, to concerns about keeping discussions in their community neighborly.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Support to lead the team that responds to these questions. Your job will be to ensure that Nextdoor users get timely, helpful, and empathic responses when they contact Nextdoor and that the team delivers these high quality answers in the most efficient and cost effective way possible to enable Nextdoor to grow (both within the U.S. and around the world).
If you are an experienced operations manager who believes in Nextdoor’s mission and is looking for an opportunity to help people at scale, we would love to hear from you about this role.
- Manage a team of 50+ full and part time support agents with a large number of direct reports
- Ensure that Nextdoor is providing at scale responses to users that provide them with the information they need, make them feel heard, and whenever possible - delight them
- Forecast the resource needs of the Support Team and represent these needs within the company to ensure that the team can achieve its goals
- Build strong relationships with third party partners that support both our technology and people needs
- Select and maintain support tools that allow Nextdoor to meet its goals for quality and efficiency both domestically and internationally
- 10+ years of experience in support, operations or product management, preferably in consumer technology companies
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Experience working with BPOs, especially in the area of customer support
- Experience with customer support software such as Desk.com, Zendesk, or Salesforce
- Excellent communicator with experience presenting to senior management
- A results-driven mentality: making data driven decisions is second nature
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks and candy
- Beautiful new office
Back to top