Senior Manager of Community
Nextdoor’s mission is to leverage the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods everywhere. Over 100,000 neighborhoods across the U.S. now use to Nextdoor to publicize local events, find lost pets, recommend local service providers, give away or sell household items they no longer need, share information about neighborhood safety, and discuss local issues.
Nextdoor’s success is largely a function of our ability to find local leaders to start Nextdoor neighborhoods, invite their neighbors, welcome new members, encourage interesting conversations, moderate discussions to keep them civil, and lead initiatives to make their communities better places to live
As Nextdoor’s Senior Manager of Community, you will be responsible for developing systems and communities to recruit, train, guide, and inspire these local Leads. You will help improve our systems for selecting Leads, develop training programs to enable them be effective as possible, create and execute a communication strategy to encourage and inspire them, and manage communities (online and potentially offline as well) to support them.
Nextdoor offers a unique opportunity to recruit and train local leaders at scale. If you are the right person to lead such an effort, we would like to hear from you about this role.
- Work with the Product Team to develop systems for identifying, recruiting, and selecting Leads
- Lead the development of a scalable training system for Leads
- Create and execute a communication strategy for Leads
- Manage Nextdoor’s online community for Leads
- Pilot programs designed to offer peer support for Leads at the local level
- Track and report the impact of these programs and leverage the results to drive strategy
- Represent the needs of Leads within the company
- A passion for building community, both online and in the real world
- 5+ years of experience in product or community management, preferably in a consumer technology company
- Excellent communicator with experience presenting to senior management
- A results-driven mentality: making data driven decisions is second nature
- Experience managing volunteers a plus
- Experience managing online communities a plus
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks and candy
- Beautiful new office
Meet Some of Nextdoor's Employees
Kelsey teams up with Nextdoor’s Partnerships, Neighborhood Operations, and Product Teams to voice Nextdoor’s mission—both inside the company and out in the world.
Back to top