Senior Community Manager, UK
Nextdoor.com is a rapidly-growing social network based in San Francisco and backed by Silicon Valley’s leading investors, with a valuation of over $1B. Our mission is to bring back a sense of community to the neighbourhood, one of the most important communities in each of our lives.
Our product is a free and private social network that allows neighbours to share information and recommendations. Our platform also allows government agencies and emergency response departments to communicate directly with residents when urgent crime and safety issues arise. Over 50% of all neighbourhoods in the United States rely on Nextdoor to build stronger and safer neighbourhoods. This spring we plan to extend our service to England, our second market outside the US.
As the Senior Community Manager, you will be the second Nextdoor hire in England and will report directly to the Country Manager in our office in London. You will have great responsibility in establishing metrics, supporting our members, and growing Nextdoor. In this important role, you will be trusted to help members directly, to develop training programs to enable members to help themselves, and be responsible for analyzing the most common member issues in order to make informed product decisions. In addition, you will represent the voice of our members to the rest of the organisation to ensure that the product development team understands and can implement our UK members’ needs.
- Develop and implement programs that enable Nextdoor to scale our customer support efforts
- Create training programs that enable Nextdoor Leads to help their members succeed on the platform
- Establish key metrics to identify member pain points and creative solutions
- Analyze user feedback and advocate for enhancements to the product development team, while also serving as the voice of Nextdoor to our UK members
- Guide new members through the steps of joining or starting a Nextdoor website for their neighbourhood and helping it grow and become more active
- Respond to member issues and questions in a timely and positive manner that builds loyalty to Nextdoor
- Maintain an ever-changing support centre to ensure quality and accuracy
- A passion for helping others
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- University degree (in lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, analyze problems and implement creative solutions
- Extremely organised; attention to detail is a must
- Self-starter with ability to work independently on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Excellent project management skills
- 3-6 years of experience in a high performance organisation
- Direct experience with Desk.com, or other customer support software, a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tableau, or other analytics software a plus
Meet Some of Nextdoor's Employees
Kelsey teams up with Nextdoor’s Partnerships, Neighborhood Operations, and Product Teams to voice Nextdoor’s mission—both inside the company and out in the world.
Back to top