Head of Neighborhood Management
Nextdoor’s mission is to leverage the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods everywhere. Over 100,000 neighborhoods across the U.S. now use to Nextdoor to publicize local events, find lost pets, recommend local service providers, give away or sell household items they no longer need, share information about neighborhood safety, and discuss local issues.
When members communicate on Nextdoor, they are expected to be neighborly and to treat each other with respect as described in Nextdoor’s Community Guidelines. In most neighborhoods, members do a great job of abiding by these Guidelines, but in some instances disagreements among neighbors, differences in backgrounds, abrasive personalities, or controversial local issues can cause discussions on Nextdoor to become less civil.
As the leader of the Neighborhood Management Team, you will manage a team of full time and part time Neighborhood Management Specialists who work with members to keep communication on Nextdoor neighborly, as well as partner with our Program Management and Product Teams to reduce the sources of conflict on Nextdoor and to develop new solutions to resolving conflicts that are more scalable and effective.
If you are someone who believes that Nextdoor offer a unique opportunity to help improve communication in our country one neighborhood at a time, we would like to hear from you about this role.
- Hire and manage Nextdoor’s Neighborhood Management contractors
- Work with the QA & Training Team to ensure that our responses to Leads and members who contact support with neighborhood management issues are helpful, empathetic, and consistent
- Support the efforts of the Program Management and Product Teams to develop solutions in the product that reduce the incidence of conflicts on Nextdoor
- Support the efforts of the Program Management team to develop self-service solutions to neighborhood management issues that don’t involve Nextdoor Support
- Help develop trainings for Leads and members to keep communities neighborly
- Directly respond to the most difficult neighborhood management cases
- A passion for helping people
- Exceptional communication skills
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Training or experience in conflict resolution or mediation
- Experience in support or operations (preferably in a consumer technology company) a plus
- Direct experience with Desk.com or other customer support software a plus
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks and candy
- Beautiful new office space
Meet Some of Nextdoor's Employees
Kelsey teams up with Nextdoor’s Partnerships, Neighborhood Operations, and Product Teams to voice Nextdoor’s mission—both inside the company and out in the world.
Back to top