Director of International
With the recent expansion of Nextdoor into the Netherlands, and our upcoming launch in the UK, we have started globalizing our company. International expansion is a strategic priority for us; after all, 92% of the world’s internet users are outside the US. As our Director of International expansion, you’ll own the critical role of analyzing, prioritizing, and developing market entry strategy as we expand outside of the US.
You will manage our market expansion plans, roadmap into several new countries, and help to launch those countries from scratch. To be successful in this role, you need to have a deep understanding of our product and mission, and a minimum of 6 years of experience either working in a leadership role in technology companies, or directly leading international expansion and general management efforts for other consumer internet companies. If you are a true entrepreneur who thrives on wearing many hats, have a clear understanding of market expansion strategy, and enjoy figuring out how to take a successful idea and adapt it into other markets, this is the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Lead a highly visible effort to drive growth, engagement and eventually monetization internationally
- Launch multiple new countries from scratch including hiring initial teams on the ground in each country
- Spearhead broad cross-functional teams in strategy, product growth, marketing, PR and neighborhood support operations
- Define our international expansion roadmap and market entry strategy, with a playbook for growth
- Lead the effort to analyze key metrics and develop innovative local growth strategies
- A minimum of 12 years of experience with international expansion and general management for consumer technology companies,
- Exceptional communication skills, and ideally, fluency in other languages
- A passion for learning through hands-on work. This is not an armchair role; instead, we are looking for a true entrepreneur who thrives in organizing hundreds of moving pieces and wants to be personally involved in setting the stage for success in each country.
- A results-driven mentality: making data driven decisions is second nature to you.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate website metrics into in-market insights.
- Broad experience with guiding global product decisions, including prioritizing requests from countries that are at different stages of maturity.
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Vibrant downtown San Francisco location near Union Square
- The option of an adjustable standing desk
- Shiny Apple products on your start date
Back to top