Senior UX Engineer (Human Factors, Usability, Testing)
What We Need
Next Century Corporation is looking for a seasoned UX engineer to join a stellar team working in a cryptologic environment out of our headquarters in Annapolis Junction, MD! While this is an individual contributor role, you'll be involved in many aspects of observation to – help automate tasks, work methods, processes, and workflows to perform tasks better. You will be supporting the development and design of mission critical applications and solutions.
To be successful, you will need:
- At least fifteen (15) years' of experience in software engineering or in a related field and have familiarity with task analyses, user interface design, and usability.
- At least five(5) years' of experience in user-centered design and testing experience.
- Core knowledge of rapid, iterative, low and high-fidelity prototyping.
- Experience conducting usability testing.
- Experience in usability and software engineering cycle phases (analysis, design, implementation, and deployment).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Active TS/SCI with polyraph clearance.
Your day to day duties and responsibilties include (but are not limited to).
- Assisting with planning, conducting, and coordinating Usability/HFE activities.
- Designing and developing user surveys to obtain user feedback.
- Solving complex user problems.
- Working closely with users and analysts to research and document user profiles, analysis tasks, workflows, and user scenarios.
- Measuring how well a system is working and provide suggestions on how to improve it.
- Thinking about the pros and cons of different UX options and picking the best one.
- Engage with the development team, external customers, and end users.
- Providing expertise and best practice recommendations for user-focused websites and experiences.
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do.
Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those that hold these traits and beliefs:
- Passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Aware of the concept of a high-performance organization and is committed to achieving them
- Engineers that desire to work closely with end users to identify the most critical information
- Demonstrated passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Meet Some of Next Century's Employees
Clark helps drive Next Century software development from idea and proposal stages straight through to architecture, testing, and final implementation for company clients.
Back to top