Senior User Experience Engineer (Balsamiq, Axure)
What We Need
Next Century Corporation is seeking a Senior UX engineer to join a stellar team in our Falls Church Office. While this is an individual contributor role, you'll be a product owner and will need to ensure that the development stays on track. This program will give you the possibility to support a mission critical system used by the government or law envorcement analysts to save lives!
To be successful, you will need:
- At least seven (7) years' of experience in user experience engineering or related field and have familiarity with task analyses, user interface design, and usability testing.
- Prototyping and designing experience (using Balsamiq, Axure, Photoshop).
- Experience with Agile methodologies, specifically having the ability to help prioritize feature development.
- Knowledge of handling and presenting large numbers of images or catalogs, and presenting results of image analysis or object recognition
- Visualization experience for quantitative information, in multi-dimensional ways
- To be a team player. You will work closely with users to research and document user profiles, analysis tasks, workflows, and user scenarios.
- To help present users with multiple decision alternatives by providing visual aids in their decision processes
- Creativity and be an out of the box thinker
Additional preferred skills:
- Prior experience working with Analysts.
- Solid knowledge of conducting usability testing as well as designing and developing user surveys to obtain user feedback.
- Knowledge of the usability and software engineering cycle phases (analysis, design, implementation, and deployment).
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do.
Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those that hold these traits and beliefs:
- Passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Aware of the concept of a high-performance organization and is committed to achieving them
- Engineers that desire to work closely with end users to identify the most critical information
- Demonstrated passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Meet Some of Next Century's Employees
Clark helps drive Next Century software development from idea and proposal stages straight through to architecture, testing, and final implementation for company clients.
Back to top