Senior Software Engineer (Java, MongoDB)
Next Century Corporation is seeking a seasoned Senior Software Engineer to join a stellar team working at our headquarters in Annapolis Junction, MD! This position provides the opportunity to play a key role in supporting the development of mission critical software applications and solutions.
To be successful you will need:
- 10+ years' of experience in Software Engineering with proven experience in requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 6+ years experience developing software using the Java programming language.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Additional preferred skills :
- Experience developing Cyber Network Graph analytics
- Experience with Streams processing frameworks including Spark, Storm and/or Info Sphere Streams.
- Experience with Big Data Analytics.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Accumulo, HBase, and MongoDB.
Your day to day duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Programming and developing application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Leveraging multiple technologies such as C++, Spring, Maven, Junit, XML, Eclipse, and DB storage solutions.
- Mentoring junior and intern Software Engineers as a Senior member on the team.
- Characterizing and organizing natural phenomena into a systematic and meaningful pattern for research into potential new analytics or processing workflows
- Assisting the Principal investigator in coordinating interdepartmental activities, research efforts and division wide innovation funding review meeting with senior technologist.
- Participating in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications.
- Participate in new open source application evaluations
- Planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks.
- Providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist.
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do.
Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those that hold these traits and beliefs:
- Passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Aware of the concept of a high-performance organization and is committed to achieving them
- Engineers that desire to work closely with end users to identify the most critical information
- Demonstrated passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Meet Some of Next Century's Employees
Clark helps drive Next Century software development from idea and proposal stages straight through to architecture, testing, and final implementation for company clients.
Back to top