Mid Software Engineer (Java Generalist & Big Data)
Next Century Corporation is seeking an innovative Mid Level Software Engineer to join a stellar team working at our customer site in Reston, VA! This position provides the opportunity to play a key role in supporting a system that aggregates collected raw data which allows analysts to convert it into intelligence products. This system supports a number of mission-critical legacy applications, as well as the architecture of the future for intelligence analysis of HUMINT- enabled computer operations!
To be successful, you will need:
- 3-5 years' of hands on experience in software engineering utilizing Java frameworks
- Solid knowledge of back-end development in ANT, Apache Tomcat, JDBC, Hadoop, Oracle 11g, and Weblogic. Knowledge of AWS is a huge plus!
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Your day to day duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining and developing in Java.
- Analyzing, designing, coordinating, and supervising expertise for the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems.
- Analyzing system specifications and translating system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
- Analyzing of current programs including performance, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Developing new programs, analyzing current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
- Writing, editing, and debugging new computer programs for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output.
- Testing new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate: assisting lower-level programmers with programming assignments.
- Documenting code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular, and
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do.
Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those that hold these traits and beliefs:
- Passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Aware of the concept of a high-performance organization and is committed to achieving them
- Engineers that desire to work closely with end users to identify the most critical information
- Demonstrated passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Meet Some of Next Century's Employees
Clark helps drive Next Century software development from idea and proposal stages straight through to architecture, testing, and final implementation for company clients.
Back to top