Full-Stack Software Engineer
Next Century Corporation is seeking a seasoned Mid-Level Software Engineer to join a stellar team working out of our office in Falls Church, VA!
To be successful, you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science (or a related technical major) and three (3) to five (5) years of professional experience in a related field;
- Back-end development of RESTful APIs and best practices of using web frameworks and relational database systems.
- Relational database system design, modeling, and querying using SQL.
- Experience with Java and/or Python.
- Experience in all aspects of the software design and development process, including requirements analysis, application architecture, testing, and deployment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solver.
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and integrity.
- Security clearance or ability to receive a clearance
Additional Desired Technical Experience (Good to Have):
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle.
- NoSQL databases and search engines such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Groovy and the Grails web framework.
- Django and the Django REST Framework.
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do.
Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those that hold these traits and beliefs:
- Passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Aware of the concept of a high-performance organization and is committed to achieving them
- Engineers that desire to work closely with end users to identify the most critical information
- Demonstrated passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Back to top