NextCapital's Digital Advice Platform is a holistic service built around the investor, providing world-class advice at an affordable price. It is the only service that offers integrated planning, advice, and portfolio management capabilities. Because of the breadth of advice services, NextCapital serves a broad range of investor types, from the low-balance beginning investor to the sophisticated high net worth investor.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for an organized and highly motivated Software Architect with at least 5 years of leadership experience to join our team. Our software team manages system design, data modeling, as well as technical architecture and software development. You will be responsible for technical development and design decisions to ensure optimal outcome, as well as architecting and designing to prevent, but also aggressively diagnosing problems and creatively problem solving to create workable solutions.
The ideal candidate enjoys abstractions and solving large problems. To solve problems the ideal candidate can modify the methodology an organization uses to build things. The ideal candidate will base their work on a set of philosophical principles, and work to evolve and improve those principals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Understand the business and technical needs so both can be considered in our software design and development
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and executive management
- Solve interesting challenges across a wide array of technologies in a leadership role
- Evaluate the short- and long-term implications of design and implementation decisions
- Provide input on software development methodology, environment, standards and practices
- Be a driver of architecture and help facilitate architecture, security, design and code reviews
- Take a key part in the mentoring and guidance of developers so they learn and grow professionally
- Provide technical direction and leadership to our software teams, assisting in high-level design as well as in-depth coding issues
- Make an immediate impact by quickly getting up to speed and making significant contributions
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 5+ years of experience as a lead or senior developer
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and software design skills
- You are proactive, motivated, and able to work in teams
- You care about and are able to mentor engineers
- You have a strong understanding of AWS Cloud Platform Architecture
- You are able to understand complex business problems and translate them into appropriate technical solutions while considering the current technical architecture and future needs
- You have a strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to financial applications
- You're passionate about our mission to democratize financial advice
- Plus: You have real world architecting data warehouse, ETL and BI solutions using AWS RedShift, Talend and various BI front end tools
- Plus: You have experience working in a fintech or financial solutions environment
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech's best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Join a fast growing company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
- Sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Enjoy monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions
Meet Some of NextCapital's Employees
Workplace Operations Analyst
Sharlene helps financial institutions onboard plan partners, ensuring quality, functionality, and timeliness throughout the process. She also works to improve work processes, introducing automation and designing new features as needed.
Back to top