Senior Investment Analyst
NextCapital is a leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors across multiple channels including 401(k), IRA, and taxable brokerage accounts. NextCapital's open-architecture digital advice solution provides integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and allows partners to customize advice methodology and fiduciary roles. NextCapital powers digital advice strategies for leading world-class brands such as Russell Investments, John Hancock, State Street Global Advisors, and Transamerica.
JOIN OUR TEAM
NextCapital is seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to join NextCapital Adviser's investment research team. The analyst will provide qualitative and quantitative research and analysis supporting NextCapital and Partner investment strategies which may include ETFs, Mutual Funds, and other securities, including cash equivalents. The person will collaborate with the Investment Methodology, Portfolio Operations, and Product Development teams to develop, implement and monitor appropriate goal and risk based investment models. Responsibilities also include benchmarking analysis and working with marketing and product teams to present and discuss performance. In addition, the analyst will also work on client implementations and with other partners to implement 3rd party model portfolios.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to support appropriate investment selection for a wide range of asset allocation models.
- Work with software teams to help automate and test investment analysis as appropriate in digital advice solutions.
- Develop and maintain investment research agenda, execute on the research, and communicate the results.
- Work with Partners, internal portfolio operations and advice product development groups to develop, implement, and maintain investment advisory solutions .
- Work with compliance and Partners to benchmark and present, and accurately represent performance.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You will ideally have at least 5 years + of directly relevant work experience, although a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is a must.
- You have or are actively on track to obtain CFA designation or applicable FINRA Series exams
- You have a master's degree in finance/financial engineering, (financial) economics, physical sciences, engineering, mathematics strongly preferred.
- You have a comprehensive and thorough understanding of financial markets with a detailed knowledge of security analysis and portfolio analytics.
- You have an ability to work independently to develop own research agenda and communicate results.
- You are highly self-motivated and ability to solve problems creatively.
- You have the ability to work with numbers and data sets with full understanding of statistical analysis.
- You have programming experience or the ability to interact with programmers working in analytic languages (Matlab, R, Python, etc.) and work with databases.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people.
- Experience building exciting new fintech solutions: Work on solutions that combine innovative technology and financial theory.
- Avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Enjoy a work environment surrounded by top-quality researchers & engineers that enjoy working with each other.
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage.
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future.
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events.
- Sip locally roasted coffee or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Meet Some of NextCapital's Employees
Jack spends his days solving puzzles, taking real world business requirements, creating designs for them, and interfacing with colleagues, designers, and engineers, to see the code created.
Back to top