Senior Analyst, Lifecycle Advice Methodology
NextCapital is a leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors across multiple channels including 401(k), IRA, and taxable brokerage accounts. NextCapital's open-architecture digital advice solution provides integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and allows partners to customize advice methodology and fiduciary roles. NextCapital powers digital advice strategies for leading world-class brands such as Russell Investments, John Hancock, State Street Global Advisors, and Transamerica.
JOIN OUR TEAM
NextCapital is seeking a Lifecycle Advice Methodology, Senior Analyst to join NextCapital Advisers investment research group. The primary role of the position will be to provide qualitative and quantitative research and analysis supporting NextCapital and Partner personalized advice methodologies. The analyst will collaborate with the Investment Methodology and Product Development teams to develop, implement and monitor appropriate goal-based and risk-based advice methodologies. The advice methodologies are implemented on the NextCapital Enterprise Advice platform and are then offered by our Financial Institution Partners and their Advisers to end investors. In addition, the analyst will also work on client implementations using the NextCapital Advice Methodology framework to generate new solutions with Partner inputs.
Examples of specific methodology work that is ongoing or on the roadmap:
- Goal and risk based asset allocation advice
- Savings advice to achieve financial goals
- Retirement Income advice strategies
- Tax optimization advice
- Multi-Goal advice for holistic investor balance sheet
- International Markets
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop, document and support integration of proprietary research and financial planning concepts into advice engine software.
- Steer the design and development processes of lifecycle advice product prototypes.
- Audit existing and newly proposed functionalities and ensure that our high design specifications standards are met or exceeded.
- Write design specifications and translate those into requirements for Financial Engineers to exercise identified, hierarchically ordered and prioritized use cases.
- Financial methodology verification.
- Support external stakeholders' due diligence processes related to their proprietary advice algorithm implementation in the NextCapital framework.
- This includes demonstration and revisiting of evolving product prototypes and functionalities.
- Problem-solving and reconciliation of external and internal requests on ad ad-hoc basis in timely manner under changing priorities.
- Abstract complex methodologies into easily understandable pieces with target audience appropriate level of detail and language.
- Support multi-criteria decision making processes based on both quantitative and qualitative variables and outcome metrics.
- Support internal stakeholders.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have at least 3 years experience (5 years plus preferred) in designing, developing, testing, and applying long term investment horizon solutions including forecasting methodologies including but not limited to dynamic asset allocation and withdrawal strategies, capital market assumptions, tax modeling and tax-optimized asset location, goal vs. risk based planning etc..
- You must have or are actively on track to obtain CFA, CFP designation or applicable FINRA Series exams. Comparable qualification might be taken into consideration.
- You have a master's degree in finance/financial engineering, (financial) economics, physical sciences, engineering, mathematics strongly preferred.
- You have a Defined Contribution Background (preferred).
- You have demonstrated ability to visualize and communicate complex methodologies.
- You have demonstrated skill in at least one statistical package, fluency with quantitative techniques related to digital lifecycle advice solutions.
- You have a firm understanding of statistical models and are a faster learner to further develop more advanced models (e.g. optimization, Monte Carlo simulations, etc.). You understand the concepts behind hypothesis testing.
- You demonstrated that you understand both technical and business related requirements, and the ability to connect and communicate with diverse personalities from all areas of the company including research, product, software development, external and internal stakeholders across all hierarchy levels.
- You have excellent English-language oral and written communication.
- You have an interest in and focus on building innovative products that users love.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people.
- Experience building exciting new fintech solutions: Work on solutions that combine innovative technology and financial theory.
- Avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Enjoy a work environment surrounded by top-quality researchers & engineers that enjoy working with each other.
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage.
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future.
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events.
- Sip locally roasted coffee or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Meet Some of NextCapital's Employees
Engineering Project Manager
Sarah works with internal stakeholders and external partners to customize and implement NextCapital’s software platform, ensuring that everything gets done in the most optimal fashion.
Back to top