Security Operations (SecOps) Engineer
- Chicago, IL
At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can't afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world's leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting our cloud-based SaaS platform. The ideal candidate is able to understand innovative technical concepts and has a great understanding of all critical information security domains. This role is looking for a key player to work closely with the development and DevOps teams as they design secure solutions meeting partner requirements. The CyberSecurity / SecOps Engineer will diagnose, document, and identify the necessary steps for establishing and maintaining a secure cloud and AWS environment. Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Take an active role in the configuration and maintenance of a diverse range of security tools, with a focus on cloud environments.
- Implement Information Security across multiple teams and ensure systems are compliant with internal and regulatory security standards.
- Assure cloud solutions and frameworks are built with consideration toward SOC2, ISO27001 and SEC compliance requirements.
- Perform security-related aspects of the design, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery and business continuity architectures.
- Develop and streamline security alerting and management tools within an AWS Multi-account and corporate environment taking into account the confidentiality, integrity and availability security principles.
- Implement automated solutions to filter out false positives and identify events that truly need human intervention by leveraging scripting, AWS services such as AWS Macie/Lambda/Config/etc. and other tools.
- Participate in the development of action plans to remedy findings from assessments, work with DevOps and Developers to remediate findings and when required provide solutions.
- Design and document system architecture and associated designs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You are a driven, creative thinker who is able to merge business and technical information
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or a related field
- You have at least 5-10 years of experience within Information Security
- You have experience with application security
- You have experience with network security
- Key Skill Sets: Linux, Chef, Ansible, AWS Security Services, Splunk
- You have experience with identity and access management and SSO solutions, including SAML 2, OAuth 2, OIDC.
- You have experience comprehensively securing and monitoring Amazon Web Services multi-account environments with hands on experience with VPC, SGs, IAM, ELB, EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, etc.
- You ideally have experience with AWS Security Services Configuration, Policies Management Automation and Monitoring/Alerting using SecurityHub, GuardDuty, WAF, Shield, Macie, Inspector, IAM Analyzer, Detective, etc.
- AWS Security Engineering, Architecting or Security Specialty certification a plus
- You have experience with operational, monitoring tools and frameworks on AWS such as Splunk Enterprise Security (ES), Privilege Escalation, AWS System Manager, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, fluentd, HIDS, Qualys, NetSkope, etc.
- You have a working understanding of coding and scripting (Java, PHP, Python, Powershell, Perl and/or Ruby) to assist with automating critical security processes.
- You are holding an Information Security Certification in good standing
- You're excited about learning and exploring new technologies and solutions
At this time, NextCapital will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy our newly renovated office, located on Michigan Avenue, with an unobstructed view of both the lake and Millennium Park.
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee, cold brew, iced tea, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Back to top