Financial Methodology Product Designer
JOIN OUR TEAM
NextCapital is seeking a Product Designer within the Financial Methodology Group of NextCapital. You will work in close collaboration with Financial Engineers, Data Scientists, Software Developers and Executive Management on proprietary and partner-specific Structured Investor Lifecycle Advice Solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to an innovative enterprise digital advice platform, offering individuals professionally-designed and managed financial solutions
- Work with leading financial institutions to collaborate on solutions
- Develop an understanding of business requirements from both key external and internal stakeholders and translate those into specifications for Financial Engineers and Software Developers
- Become expert at a wide range of finance, economics, and the regulatory framework that impacts personalized advice.
- Define development tasks based on designed or yet to be designed prototypes and verifying whether results meet stated requirements
- Design logic frameworks to ensure design prototypes support required use cases
- Obtain, document, enhance financial methodology
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have successfully completed a degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Philosophy or equivalent experience
- You are comfortable with or can quickly become comfortable with equations, code and ability to read and write pseudo-code
- 5+ years work experience with a strong background in financial planning and tax management strategies and concepts
- Familiar with investment account types, e.g., Roth 401(k), Traditional IRA, HSA, ESA, etc.
- CFP or CPA or CFA or CAIA preferred
- You have strong abstract thinking abilities
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have strong project management skills
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Work on solutions that combine innovative technology and financial theory
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience building exciting new fintech solutions
- Avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top-quality researchers & engineers that enjoy working with each other
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (cards, video games, treats), fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events.
- Sip locally roasted coffee or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Meet Some of NextCapital's Employees
Jack spends his days solving puzzles, taking real world business requirements, creating designs for them, and interfacing with colleagues, designers, and engineers, to see the code created.
Back to top