At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Working with the world's leading financial institutions, our software solution tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for talented and highly motivated Documentation Manager to join our team to help us organize, enhance, and maintain NextCapital's documentation. This includes delivery and maintenance of product-related technical documentation, internal process documentation, and technical design documentation. Documentation Managers are dynamic individuals that can seamlessly shift between the roles of technical writer, editor, organizational guru, subject matter expert, or project manager depending on the context of a particular task.
The ideal candidate is impeccable at managing communication and expectations across many stakeholders, has outstanding writing skills, has a strong technical understanding of software, and has a proven track record of successful documentation management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage our recent initiative to transfer our internal and external content from its current structure in Google Drive to an organized and easy to navigate wiki using Confluence.
- Work with our product managers, designers, and developers to maintain our external feature documentation during various stages of development.
- Incorporate our Platform Use Cases into a Platform Manual that can be easily consumed by external parties during the sales and implementation process, and internal parties for training and support purposes.
- Monitor edits to documentation to ensure it follows the NextCapital documentation principles.
- Facilitate our external release notes process, including contributing to content.
- Mentor other NextCapital employees on how to create clear and concise documentation, including developing training materials and style guides for this purpose.
- Become a subject matter expert on the existing NextCapital software platform and upcoming functionality.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Exceptional organizational skills: You have strong multi-tasking capabilities and can easily adapt to change in a fast-paced environment. You can balance multiple time-sensitive inquiries with long-term projects, while keeping track of frequently shifting priorities.
- Superior communication skills: You always craft succinct and precise emails. You can speak concisely and clearly about complex subjects without much time to prepare. You cater your level of specificity and technicality to your audience without a second thought.
- Quick and eager to learn: You're naturally curious and will become a subject matter expert on our technology, software platform, and the financial planning industry.
- Skilled decision maker: You have the ability to make real-time independent decisions when conditions change based on a strong understanding of the business and technical context.
- Process oriented: You constantly seek ways to increase efficiency. You'll champion our internal processes to others in the company, while being flexible as we continue to revise and refine how we organize our work.
- Software power user: You are an expert at learning new software and can administer unfamiliar software tools with little ramp-up time.
- You have a bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in technical documentation creation and management.
- You have experience with Google Suite, including Google Sheets, and might have worked with JIRA and Confluence.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech's best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Join a fast growing company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
- Sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Enjoy monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions
Back to top