Director of Compliance
NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors across multiple channels including 401(k), IRA, and taxable brokerage accounts. NextCapital's open-architecture digital advice solution provides integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and allows partners to customize advice methodology and fiduciary roles. NextCapital powers digital advice strategies for leading world-class brands such as Russell Investments, John Hancock, State Street Global Advisors, and Transamerica.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we're looking for someone who will have overall accountability for aligning our compliance operations to our overall business strategy. The ideal candidate possesses compliance experience involving SEC-registered investment advisers and/or familiarity with ERISA regulations. This position will report into our Chief Compliance Officer. Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with senior management and internal clients/colleagues to facilitate work and accomplish objectives in a collaborative effort.
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date understanding of regulations (e.g. SEC, ERISA, FINRA, State) governing NextCapital's business through ongoing education and involvement with industry groups.
- Monitor regulatory changes and revise current policies and procedures and/or draft new policies and procedures as deemed advisable.
- Continually create, enhance, maintain and test compliance rules contained within the firm's proprietary investment management system.
- Perform compliance testing, records research, prepare reports, and identify potential conflicts of interest.
- Draft a variety of certificates, documents, questionnaires, procedures, and letters relating to firm and client compliance.
- Prepare forms for regulatory filings and firm reporting.
- Research issues and questions as necessary to provide reliable advice and direction to senior management and staff on all issues concerning compliance policies, rules, regulations and procedures affecting the firm or firm employees.
- Identify affected policies and procedures and work with the applicable departments to revise, document and implement revisions.
- Responsible for regular updates and reviews of sales/marketing materials, including fact sheets, presentations, sales kits, and questionnaires using a variety of data sources and software.
- Ensure that white papers, the website and other advertising/marketing/publications are adequately sourced and include the appropriate disclosures.
- Check forms, spreadsheets, performance data and financial illustrations for accuracy and detail.
- Provide and support the firm's compliance training program.
- Conduct compliance testing and prepare periodic written reports.
- Ensure that client guidelines are programed properly and complied with by the portfolio management and trading teams.
- Perform administrative duties as necessary.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a Bachelor's degree (a law degree is a plus, but not required)
- You have 3-5+ years of compliance experience required (will consider audit or similar operational experience in financial services); background in Institutional client lines preferred
- You have knowledge of the SEC disclosures and securities law, especially the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- You have the ability to utilize existing knowledge or quickly acquire knowledge of ERISA/DOL and/or FINRA rules.
- You have working knowledge of on-site compliance testing for SEC Rules 206(4)-7 and 38a-1.
- You demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- You have an understanding of marketing and sales material review guidelines, anti-money laundering regulations, and compliance risk management assessments for institutional and ERISA clients.
- You have the ability to identify and analyze the complex regulatory issues and their effect on the firm's business.
- You demonstrate ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals throughout organization, including senior management and investment professionals.
- You are intuitive, energetic, and self-motivated with a high bias for action.
- You have excellent writing and research skills
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You have adequate computer skills including MS Office, Outlook and Excel
- You have AML experience (this is a plus)
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Meet Some of NextCapital's Employees
Engineering Project Manager
Sarah works with internal stakeholders and external partners to customize and implement NextCapital’s software platform, ensuring that everything gets done in the most optimal fashion.
Back to top