DevOps Systems Engineer
At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can't afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world's leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting our cloud-based SaaS platform. The ideal candidate is an experienced DevOps engineer who is comfortable architecting and managing a growing Amazon Web Services (AWS) SaaS application.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deploy and maintain multiple production Amazon Web Services hosted environments through customized CloudFormation templates
- Build, enhance, and automate our continuous integration and deployment infrastructure using Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker, and other tools
- Collaborate with development teams face to face or online through chat, operating to refine our Agile development processes, create or add automated testing, or improve our infrastructure
- Write and review code s to improve deployments and reliability
- Build, test, and maintain our Disaster Recovery environments in different AWS Regions
- Monitor, identify, and solve performance and reliability issues with EC2, RDS and other services
- Create and maintain system design and operation documentation
- Mentor interns and junior systems administrators
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- You're a systems engineer with 5+ years of experience
- You have implemented continuous integration and deployment systems
- You have deployed and supported multi-tier distributed applications on AWS, Azure, Google Compute, OpenStack, VMWare or similar platforms, using best practices to scale based on performance, reliability, and cost.
- You have experience building metrics and alarms through CloudWatch, NewRelic, or other similar tools
- You have proficient scripting and coding skills in Bash, Ruby, Python, or Node.JS as well as automation tools such as Chef, Ansible or similar tools
- You have experience working through the SDLC, promoting applications from development all the way to production
- You have experience working with tools in the developer eco-system (git, Jenkins, Jira, etc)
- You are passionate about application reliability and automating everything
- You enjoy working on variety of different projects and try to continuously improve systems and processes
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy our newly renovated office, located on Michigan Avenue, with an unobstructed view of both the lake and Millennium Park.
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee, cold brew, iced tea, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Meet Some of NextCapital's Employees
Director of Projects
Sarah works with internal stakeholders and external partners to customize and implement NextCapital’s software platform, ensuring that everything gets done in the most optimal fashion.
Back to top