- Chicago, IL
NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world-class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors, whether they're saving for retirement in a 401(k) or IRA or investing in a taxable brokerage account. Our open-architecture digital advice solution provides better outcomes for our partners and individual investors by offering integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and customizable advice methodology and fiduciary roles.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting our cloud-based SaaS platform. Our platform is built on AWS so our ideal candidate is an experienced DevOps engineer who is comfortable architecting and managing a growing AWS SaaS application and who keeps up on the latest features and services in order to determine their applicability to our platform. As our platform continues to grow our infrastructure and tools must grow and adapt as well. The DevOps Engineer is comfortable with change and enjoys a challenge.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Enhance our continuous integration and deployment infrastructure using Chef, Jenkins, Docker, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline, and other tools
- Collaborate with our development teams to refine our Agile development processes, create or add automated testing, or improve our infrastructure
- Write and review Infrastructure as Code
- Help plan and implement improvements to system reliability and maintainability
- Deploy and maintain a multi-AZ, multi-Region AWS hosted environments
- Build, test, and maintain our Disaster Recovery environments
- Monitor, identify, and solve performance and reliability issues with EC2, RDS and other services
- Create and maintain system design and operation documentation
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- You're an experienced cloud systems engineer with 4+ years of experience
- You have significant experience with continuous integration and deployment systems
- You have experience with containerization technologies
- You have experience building and supporting multi-tier production applications running at AWS or another cloud provider, using best practices to scaling applications based on performance, reliability, and cost.
- You have experience building metrics and alarms through CloudWatch, NewRelic, or other similar tools
- You have advanced scripting and coding skills in a modern language
- You have experience working through the SDLC, promoting applications from development all the way to production
- You have experience working with tools in the developer eco-system (git, Jenkins, etc)
- You are passionate about application reliability and automating everything
- You enjoy working on variety of different projects and try to continuously improve systems and processes
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science, related field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math/Physics, Software Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering), or equivalent professional experience
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (cards, video games, treats), fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy our newly renovated office, located on Michigan Avenue, with an unobstructed view of both the lake and Millennium Park.
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee, cold brew, iced tea, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Back to top