- Chicago, IL
NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world-class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors, whether they're saving for retirement in a 401(k) or IRA or investing in a taxable brokerage account. Our open-architecture digital advice solution provides better outcomes for our partners and individual investors by offering integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and customizable advice methodology and fiduciary roles.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for an organized and highly motivated Data Architect to join our team. You will work with our Data/Analytics team to plan, build, and maintain the reporting and analytics platform. This is being used internally for strategic decision-making by NextCapital leadership and will be used externally through an interface for partners to access relevant data, both operational and strategic. You'll also work closely with our designers and developers to ensure that the database structures for the NextCapital Digital Advice Platform are correctly designed for current and future needs.
The ideal candidate is results-driven, hands-on, able to break down complex problems, uses prototypes to quickly test out possible solutions, and can learn new tools on the fly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Serve as the NextCapital Data Architect and begin to establish a Data practice area within the organization.
- Design logical and physical data models within our data warehouse (Snowflake) based on reporting, analytics, and data science requirements
- Provide assistance for creating models/objects within our Data Visualization software (Looker)
- Review and provide feedback for our full and incremental load processes, which include the use of a third-party ELT tool (FiveTran)
- Develop a global data security/permissions solution
- Analyze loads and performance, and suggest solutions to bottlenecks
- Manage data architecture and catalog for Snowflake and our main MySQL application database. Also be familiar with our other data sources (MS SQL Server, MongoDB, and others)
- Implement review processes for schema changes and database migrations (working with the Ruby on Rails application teams)
- Establish and contribute to documentation
- Provide guidance for new application features
- Suggest and work collaboratively to implement architectural improvements
- Design and work collaboratively to implement metadata management, master data management and data element lineage traceability
- Refactor and work collaboratively to improve our overall data management lifecycle - backups, long term retention, disaster recovery
- Help the organization move to a robust, zero downtime deployment strategy
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of database architecture, design, and implementation experience
- 4+ years of recent experience with ETL/ELT, Data Warehousing, and Reporting/Analytics
- Experience with general database administration
- Superior SQL skills
- Superior scripting/coding skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn and become productive on new platforms and tools quickly
- You are a team player, able to work with coworkers in the product and technology areas, as well as upper management
- You have strong communication skills and can convince people to buy into your vision
- You are constantly learning, driven to understand the data content of what other product areas produce, and give your opinion on how best to expose it to internal and external audiences
- You are adept at figuring out how to adjust solutions to meet an expected timeline
***At this time, NextCapital will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top