Chief Compliance Officer
NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors across multiple channels including 401(k), IRA, and taxable brokerage accounts. NextCapital’s open-architecture digital advice solution provides integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and allows partners to customize advice methodology and fiduciary roles. NextCapital powers digital advice strategies for leading world-class brands such as Russell Investments and Transamerica.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we’re looking for someone who will have overall accountability for aligning our compliance operations to our overall business strategy. The ideal candidate is an experienced Compliance Officer who performs compliance related functions for an SEC registered Investment Adviser. Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with senior management and internal clients/colleagues to facilitate work and accomplish objectives in a collaborative effort.
- Act as our appointed SEC regulatory liaison, managing regulatory audits and exams.
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date understanding of governing regulations (e.g. SEC, ERISA, FINRA, State) through ongoing education and involvement with industry groups.
- Implement and manage our DOL / ERISA compliance program.
- Manage RIA SEC and other regulatory related forms, filings, reporting and compliance program.
- Monitor regulatory changes, provide timely and clear guidance to other departments and management on regulatory compliance, monitor and support revisions of current compliance procedures and/or draft new compliance procedures as deemed advisable.
- Develop, implement and manage a risk-based cross-company compliance program (analogy to info security.) Examples include- trading risk, money movement risk, ops risk, BCP risk, reputation risk, employee risk, regulatory risk, partner risk, AML, etc.
- Continually identify ways to create, enhance, maintain and test compliance rules contained within the firm's proprietary investment management platform.
- Perform regular compliance testing, ensure all required books and records are properly maintained and prepare reports.
- Perform material compliance-related due diligence for new prospective institutional partners and act as an on-going regulatory liaison to our current partners.
- Draft a variety of certificates, documents, questionnaires, procedures and letters relating to firm and client compliance.
- Research issues and questions as necessary to provide compliant and reliable advice and direction to senior management and staff on all issues concerning compliance policies, rules, regulations and procedures affecting the firm.
- Identify affected policies and procedures and work with the applicable departments to revise, document and implement revisions.
- Implement and manage a sales and marketing collateral materials review process for all adviser, co-adviser, or sub-adviser activities.
- Responsible for quarterly updates and reviews of sales/marketing materials, including fact sheets, presentations, sales kits, and questionnaires using a variety of data sources and software.
- Ensure that white papers, the website and other advertising/marketing/publications are adequately sourced and include the appropriate disclosures.
- Develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers
- Ensure that client guidelines are complied with by the portfolio management and trading teams.
- Perform administrative duties as necessary.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have 10 - 15 years’ of Compliance experience in financial services (will consider audit or similar operational experience in financial services); background in registered investment adviser and investment companies with Institutional client lines preferred.
- You have knowledge of the SEC disclosures and securities law, especially the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- You have the ability to utilize existing knowledge or quickly acquire knowledge of ERISA/DOL and/or FINRA rules.
- You have working knowledge of on-site compliance testing for SEC Rules 206(4)-7 and 38a-1.
- You demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- You have an understanding of marketing and sales material review guidelines, anti-money laundering regulations, and compliance risk management assessments for institutional and ERISA clients.
- You have the ability to identify and analyze the complex regulatory issues and their effect on the firm’s business.
- You demonstrate ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals throughout organization, including senior management and investment professionals.
- You are intuitive, energetic, and self-motivated with a high bias for action.
- You have excellent writing and research skills
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You have adequate computer skills including MS Office, Outlook and Excel
- You have your Series 24 License (this is a plus)
- You have AML experience (this is a plus)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (cards, video games, treats), fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy an amazing Michigan Avenue location with views of the lake and Millennium Park
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee, cold brew, iced tea, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Meet Some of NextCapital's Employees
Jack spends his days solving puzzles, taking real world business requirements, creating designs for them, and interfacing with colleagues, designers, and engineers, to see the code created.
Back to top