Application Security Architect
At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can't afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world's leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting our cloud-based SaaS platform. The ideal candidate is able to understand innovative technical concepts and has a great understanding of all critical information security domains. This role is looking for a key player to work closely with the development teams as they design secure solutions meeting partner requirements. The security architect will diagnose, document, and identify the necessary remediation steps for application security vulnerabilities. The security architect will also be responsible for evaluating, recommending, and implementing application security related processes in an automated continuous integration/deployment environment. Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Operations team to take an active role in the configuration and maintenance of a diverse range of application security tools.
- Be an advocate for Information Security across multiple teams and ensure that systems are compliant with internal and regulatory security standards.
- Conduct application security assessments / penetration tests and manage tools for dynamic/automated code reviews.
- Ensure application design and implementation best-practice with role-based and appropriate access standards, as well as integration with Identity and Access Management environments.
- Provide secure application development training to developers and provide guidance on the development of web-based training for ongoing awareness.
- Conduct code reviews and penetration testing.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You are a driven, creative thinker who is able to merge business and technical information
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or a related field
- You have at least 5 years of experience within Information Security
- You have experience with application security
- You have experience with network security
- You have experience with identity and access management solutions, including SAML 2 and OAuth 2
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services and/or other cloud environments
- You are holding an Information Security Certification in good standing
- You're excited about learning and exploring new technologies and solutions
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy our newly renovated office, located on Michigan Avenue, with an unobstructed view of both the lake and Millennium Park.
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee, cold brew, iced tea, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk
Meet Some of NextCapital's Employees
Jack spends his days solving puzzles, taking real world business requirements, creating designs for them, and interfacing with colleagues, designers, and engineers, to see the code created.
Back to top