Windows Server Engineer
- Alpharetta, GA
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Title - Senior Windows Security Engineer
Job Category - Windows Server Engineering / Platform Engineering
Job Summary / Description: This role on the Enterprise Windows Server Engineering team is to contribute to designing, engineering, documenting, and directing the implementation of new technologies in the Windows space for the NYL Enterprise with major focus on Security and Vulnerability management. Applicant should be a well-established technical leader and be versed in a wide range of Windows Server (virtualized and physical) and other Enterprise technologies including automation, orchestration, and cloud services.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience engineering Windows desktop and server solutions .
- Minimum 5+ years of experience engineering and implementing VMware virtualized workloads .
- Broad knowledge in the entire Windows eco-system, DNS, DHCP, AD, etc.
- Knowledge/experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge designing and troubleshooting Windows solutions with a focus on Windows Server.
- Strong knowledge of security patch management and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Knowledge of identify management, single-sign on and authentication products including CA SiteMinder and Ping Federate
- Broad knowledge of network design, virtualization, storage (SAN, NAS, Local Storage), VMware, firewall disciplines
- Broad knowledge of Capacity and Performance Management
- Experience in project management technologies and process
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Windows platform with a focus on Windows Server (2008, 12, 16).
- Envision and execute on the target technology solutions, infrastructure, services and components that are required to satisfy the business.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively explain messaging technologies solutions in a clear and concise manner to high level business executives.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other internal architecture and engineering groups
- Provide strong troubleshooting skills for level 3 support.
- Executes with minimal direction
- Proven ability to strategically analyze risks, benefits and opportunities associated with technology solutions
- Some working knowledge of VDI, preferable XenDesktop
- Knowledge of Active directory and Domains
- Strong understanding of desktop Security Hardening practices.
- Mobile technology including smartphone/tablet selection and mobile device management. Nice to have.
- Server and Desktop hardware experience required, with an emphasis on Microsoft, Lenovo and HP equipment
- Possess good troubleshooting skills resolving hardware and OS related issues.
Candidates for this role must have Good engineering experience in Windows Server . Scripting skills such as VB or PowerShell. Strong server optimization and tuning skills/experience. Working knowledge of Windows automated build preferable using SCCM OSD or MDT. Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability and judgment. The ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff, consults and vendors
The individual will communicate with all levels within the ECS organization as well as supporting the Business. The candidate is required to understand related disciplines such as network, storage, security, and disaster recover planning. The position will require the person to operate with moderate supervision in routine matters, develop and monitor work plan/task lists for medium scale assignments that would be part of a larger project plan, and exercise independent judgment in problem resolution.
Bachelors Degree or seven years of equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
Experience engineering Apple Mac desktop and server solutions as well as Apple mobile devices and OS.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Engineer, Social Media, System Administrator, Virtualization, Project Manager, Engineering, Marketing, Technology
Back to top