Windows Server Administrator
- Lebanon, NJ
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Windows Server Administrator
This position is responsible for the production support of critical Windows server infrastructure to manage, upgrade, deploy in support of application projects. Existing servers need to be migrated from 2008 Operating System to 2016 Operating system.
The environment is comprised of 5000+ Windows virtual and physical servers. The individual will work with other infrastructure and Application Development teams to ensure that Line of Business infrastructure is available and reliable to the business community. Additionally, this person will be back-up for Tower manager, provide vendor governance and support 2016 migration, Cloud, conduct DR and security/vulnerability initiatives. Organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills are essential. Excellent communication skills and attentiveness to detail Ability to work in a team-oriented environment. Furthermore, in addition to Windows server and Vmware administration responsibilities, strong Active Directory / Group Policy skills are required for this position. Candidate will also require scripting and automation experience.
- Candidate possesses strong technical understanding and proficiency in Windows Server operating system administration, VMware/ HyperV hypervisors, Cisco UCS, HP Blade server technology and Windows clustering
- Provide lead support in troubleshooting complex issues within the server environment, operating as level 2.5 support, coordinating with other teams when needed, documenting the results and developing solutions to prevent future incidents.
- Lead major projects, developing implementation plans, tasks, and coordinating the effort to implementation.
- Govern and oversee Managed Service Provider
- Produce metrics and status reports to present infrastructure performance and work initiative progress to leadership. Assist with reporting 'best practices', availability and service management metrics measuring the success of the team effectiveness
- Bring knowledge and expertise in IT processes and controls and incorporates those ideas into the technology community.
- Maintain an awareness of processes used in the industry and by other leading global IT organizations; uses this information to develop new strategies and recommendations for their area of process expertise.
- Active Directory operations such as creating OUs, Group Policy, Security Groups, etc
- Proactively performing health checks, performance tuning on Windows servers and providing best possible solutions.
- Vendor coordination to handle servers' hardware related issues.
- Follow change process to implement any minor or major change in the environment.
- Effective debugging, OS security patching, performance monitoring and tuning.
Minimum of 7 years' experience supporting Windows and VMware Infrastructure technologies in a large-scale multi-platform environment with 24/7 support model. Experience in an infrastructure organization in supporting, deploying and upgrading Web Infrastructure. This includes working with Application Development teams to understand their requirements and ensure they are leveraging the capabilities of the environment.
- Leadership and team working skills for leading technical projects and managing multiple projects across business and technology groups
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of availability related incidents and problems
- Experience in working with a Managed Service Provider
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Strong commitment to customer service
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- MCSE Certificate
- VMware VCP certifications
- Experience with security audits including documentation of remediation
- Knowledge and experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Disaster Recover experience using VMware for v irtual and Physical servers
- Subject Matter Expert in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and VMware technologies
- Must have good Powershell and Python scripting skills for automation
- 1 - 2 years' experience with AWS Cloud Portal Services
- SCCM, SCOM and other Monitor tools
- Understanding of network infrastructure services include DNS, WINS, DHCP, and Terminal servers support, virtual infrastructure comprising of VMware ESX servers Migrate physical server virtual environment
- Hands-on expertise with VMware vSphere administration production support
- Knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager - SRM
- Experience upgrading and troubleshooting vCenter appliances (VCSA) and ESXi hosts
- Experience deploying virtual appliances
- Experience supporting 2016 Active Directory in a multi-site environment
- XenApp 6.5 and 7.x
- Microsoft Active Directory including an understanding of its underlying schema and Group Policy
- VMware ESXi 6.x - 7.X
- Server expertise configuring Terminal Services, IIS and .Net
- Experience with Netback-up and Veeam back-up systems
- Current experience within the Citrix products
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: System Administrator, Social Media, Computer Science, Cisco, Application Developer, Technology, Marketing
Back to top