User Acceptance Testing Lead
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Lead
The User Acceptance Testing Lead's primary responsibility is to manage and have overall responsibility for planning, coordination and execution of UAT programs. This position ensures system changes are implemented error free with minimal disruptions to operations. It will build and maintain testing processes, evaluate testing progress, develop UAT status reporting and report project status to project stakeholders. This individual represents our business customers (end users), reports up through business operations and partners closely with IT project teams to provide business certification & user acceptance testing signoff on software deliverables.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall success of UAT activities; planning, coordination and execution
- Responsible for "run the shop" work that focuses on keeping the systems running, small enhancements, as well as large scale strategic initiatives
- Build and manage team of UAT Analysts that are responsible for acceptance testing of technology solutions, business requirements, design specifications and production readiness
- Design and mange UAT processes and controls to ensure testing meets agreed upon quality standards
- Develop and execute test plans/conditions and acceptance criteria that are designed to validate software solutions using real-world scenarios and proposed business processes
- Partner closely with Requirement Leads, Business Analysts, and IT Testing Professionals to ensure appropriate test coverage, test scenarios and testing strategy based on business requirements
- Report usability and business process issues that may negatively impact production readiness or agreed upon acceptance criteria
- Responsible for coordination and communication of the UAT defect resolution process
- Prioritize and resolve defects based on business need and impact
- Provide regular UAT progress and status to project stakeholders
- Provide certification and signoff of UAT
Skills and Education:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Information Systems
- 5 – 7 years testing software in a complex project environment
- 5 – 7 years of Insurance & Annuity business experience
- Strong team leadership; complete build out of the team, ability to develop the UAT vision and strategy
- Extensive systems knowledge; web-based applications, mainframe, CRM and IVR technologies
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Exposure to Agile software development practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to identify and troubleshoot complex problems
- Must have a high sense of urgency and the ability to work autonomously with little direction
- Detail oriented and strong organization and prioritization skills
- Requires excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience using QA testing tools (ie JIRA, HP – Quality Center, Rally)
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top