New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
ITSM Tools Engineer:
This role requires experience as both an enterprise tools engineer and experience in configuration management for ITSM related tools
- Develops and/or monitors and enforces established monitoring, configuration management processes, and integration points, such as change and release management.
- Works with vendors to ensure that ITSM tool updates meet technical and business requirements.
- Develops policies to support cross-domain (e.g., networking, applications, and operating system [OS] platforms) consistency.
- Provides consultation to domain-specific configuration management resources in various corporate locations, business areas and departments, and to subcontractors, outsourcers, service providers, vendors and customers by coordinating and providing CMDB consultation in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides input in CMDB architecture, design and business value.
- Coordinates with CMDB process owner to facilitate activities (e.g., audits and reporting) designed to provide management, subcontractors and customers with pertinent CMDB information (i.e., summary data, and analytical reporting including critical success factors, key performance indicators [KPIs] and metrics).
Primary Responsibilities and Activities:
- Communicates objectives and concepts internally and externally across all IT domains and to the business, when appropriate.
- Provides support to, and consults on, incident response, monitoring, and configuration management issues with enterprise divisions and subsidiaries.
- Identifies trusted data sources, ensures data reconciliation and designs CMDB update processes.
- Establishes a compliance plan, including policies for operation audits for cross-domain reporting, and provides appropriate assistance to auditors as it applies to ITSM Tools.
- Provides technical and administrative direction to contractors and junior team members.
- Creates and provides configuration status reports containing current and historical data connected with, and related to, production systems.
- Oversees the maintenance of the ITSM Tools and CMDB for ensuring the integrity of integration, federation and reconciliation of data feeds with the CMDB architect and stakeholders.
- Provides expertise in design, maintenance and delivery of training for ITSM Tools, including a strong focus on processes for maintaining communication with other groups.
- Identifies gaps in business understanding and technical skills of team and ensures proper training.
- Researches, reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of procedures, and develops strategies for enhancing these processes following ITIL best practices.
- Acts as a liaison between all ITSM process managers (e.g., incident, problem, change and release) to ensure process alignment and to raise awareness of, educate for and gain support for ITSM Tools.
- Works independently, but collaborates across business and IT domains that have specific configuration and change management responsibility – collocated or decentralized.
- Is the key configuration representative for broad initiatives that will support CMDB use cases, including architecture design and planning, and coordination with other process owners (e.g., disaster recovery planning and event correlation).
- Works with local IT domain resources (e.g., stakeholders) responsible for configuration management data. For larger implementations, this can be assigned to a subordinate role (e.g., CMDB librarian). In addition, works across organizational boundaries (e.g., change managers, application developers, business process architects and service designers) to ensure that appropriate data is used.
- For new implementations, leads in product evaluations for CMDB and IT document management tools if it is within scope, and provides input in ITSM tool evaluations.
Education and Training
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience
- 4+ years of IT process design and IT management technology experience
- ITIL (v.3) Foundation certification
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience working with IT support tools. Preferred experience with monitoring and configuration tools.
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience with ServiceNow configuration management
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of IT operations and support organizations
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Proficiency in process formulation and communication to others
- Strong process improvement experience, and experience developing metrics and quantifying value returned
- Proficient in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic, multicultural business environment
- Proven ability to build relationships and to influence individuals at all levels in the organization, as well as with external vendors and service providers, to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated
- Business skills – i.e., capable of working with business units to identify and prioritize IT service models. Key Behaviors and Competencies
- Understands strategic business objectives, and proposes relevant technical solutions and alternatives with the ability to communicate with all level of technical and business management
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Back to top