Test Automation Engineer
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
- 5+ years' QA experience with good Automation skills (creating/writing automated test scripts, not just running automated tools)
- Must have hands-on experience with Selenium using C#
- Payments/Billing domain experience is preferable. Candidates will be required to demonstrate understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Deep understanding of software QA tools, methodologies, processes and technologies.
- Experience in utilizing and managing software QA tools, systems/software and processes to identify performance gaps, develop useful solutions and analyze results to determine corrective action and increase QA performance as preferred
- Experience with Agile process and scaled agile (preferred)
- Experience with Appium, perfecto mobile and other mobile platforms.
- Ability to create innovative solutions / frameworks for new automation efforts
- Experience with customizing Automation frameworks
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and performance analysis skill with experience in handling software QA issues including automated testing processes.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well organized, demonstrate initiative and able to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt quickly in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization and time management skills with ability to manage multiple testing objectives simultaneously.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot and/or resolve, including escalation, of complex issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
- Ability to display professionalism always.
- Worked on automation scripting and framework modification for enabling the automation execution for next generation insurance platform.
- Impact Analysis, Estimation, Coding and testing using Selenium, C#
- Work with business analyst to determine feasibility of requirements and for resolving production issues
- Ability to understand business use cases and convert them in automated scripts.
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop and execute tests for new applications, products and/or enhancements to existing applications
- Develop manual and automated test cases to increase regression coverage as well as new functionality testing.
- Execute manual and automated test cases including ad-hoc and exploratory testing as needed.
- Document and/or review testing results working closely with Developers and Business Analysts to resolve reported issues.
- Experience working in off shore / On shore model and ability to train and mentor off shore/ junior resources as required.
- Experience with Agile practices and implementing automation in agile process with sprint synchronization.
- Develop and create testing data needed to execute manual and automated test cases.
- Perform software configurations and deployments to manage testing system for successful testing results.
- Manage testing to project timelines, and provide testing feedback in all areas, paying close attention to high risk areas and communicating testing concerns.
- Ensure High Quality in all deliverables: software, test cases, bug cases, automation plans, and documented results.
- Become a subject matter expert on existing and new features ensuring you can fully test, review logs for troubleshooting and create new and update existing test cases.
- Analyze existing features and test cases and consider areas where new test cases should be created or existing cases modified to have a better coverage of the feature.
- Recommends options for improvements on current software QA processes and tools
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Experience with implementing automation in CI/CD process.
- Development experience in C# is must & Java preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Test Engineer, Java, Developer, Engineering, Technology
Back to top