Technology Delivery Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
- Technical Delivery Lead will partner with Agency Field Development business leaders to facilitate IT project initiation, prioritization, solution selection, scheduling, execution oversight, and communication. Individual is expected to lead a technology team of NYL employees and Vendor partners to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment.Work closely with business analysis, development, testing, service and operations, product management and finance teams.
- Responsible for successful delivery of technical solution aligned to business and architecture roadmap
- Act as an advocate on behalf of the business stakeholders to ensure IT services are addressing their business priorities and needs
- Works closely with Product Managers to make certain Features are appropriately refined, estimated, prioritized and approved for delivery
- Ensures that the solution/technology is appropriately aligned with the overall product strategies
- Supports the Solution Refinement in the build, refinement, and approval of Features in the Program backlog
- Assures that the Solution Refinement meets their objectives, including those associated with cost, schedule, quality and scope
- Participates in Requirements elaboration
- Develops delivery content/sequence and dependencies
- Accepts realized features in the system baseline
- Participate in PI (Program Increment) planning
- Work with delivery teams to implement DevOps
- Ensure the existence and implementation of test criteria
- Code management across environment
- Support automation of builds and code deployment across environments
- Manage the grouping of deployments delivered by the release trains/cross-tech matrix delivery organizations and teams
- Ensure the following are taking place:
- Series of automated tests to ensure the core functionality within the environment is working
- Monitoring performance dynamics and footprint for an application
- Interact with other enterprise teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development
- Demonstrates skills to partner with multiple key business and technology stakeholders
- Proactively identifies issues, resolves problems and escalates risks for on-time and under budget delivery
Education / Training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, Math and/or equivalent work experience
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and business process trends and can apply that knowledge to existing business processes with a focus towards process improvement.
- Typical candidates will possess 5+ years of relevant experience and BA/BS Degree or equivalent.
- Possesses familiarity with multiple technologies, tools, development methods and systems, and understanding of programming languages.
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the insurance and/or financial service industry.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver, within budget, quality solutions while coordinating multiple assignments / deadlines
- Experience in working in a team-based Agile development environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies as the need arise
- Prior experience consulting in the Financial Service or Insurance Industry strongly preferred
- Prior experience supporting development and training Agents, Recruiters and Field Management
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent in collaborative environment with the ability to lead a development team.
- Strong skills for verbal & written communication targeting technical and non-technical audiences
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turnaround times.
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- Possesses a high-level of knowledge and expertise in the business processes, products and services of various business units and how technology is used as decision support within various business units, and the organization as a whole.
- Current knowledge of industry and business process trends and ability to apply that knowledge to existing business processes with a focus towards process improvement
- Familiarity with multiple technologies, tools, Agile development methods and systems, and understanding of programming languages
- Is able to identify goals or requirements in user area that are conflicting with overall organizational goals for enterprise technology standards, and raise them as appropriate.
- Familiarity with a variety of development methods, including Agile, and how it applies to own area of work
- Understands complex business processes and able to document them in a logical and comprehensible manner
- Identifies and/or develops business performance measures to track the benefits of a project or service.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills with the demonstrative ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Accuracy and attention to details are required
- Experienced in leading delivery for technology capabilities that support and enable field learning and development (i.e. Field Management, Recruiters, Agents, etc.)
- Experience with the following technology platforms: Mobile / responsive web apps, Learning tech integration
General Profile :
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Collaborates with others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May play key role in functional projects, processes or vendor management
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Social Media, Consulting, Computer Science, Business Analyst, Testing, Marketing, Technology
Back to top