Technical Delivery Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Technical Delivery Lead
Technical Delivery Lead will partner with Institutional Annuities business leaders to facilitate IT project initiation, prioritization, solution selection, scheduling, execution oversight, and communication. Individual is expected to lead a technology team of NYL employees and Vendor partners to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Work closely with business analysis, development, testing, service and operations, product management and finance teams.
- Develop a consistent and predictable model for delivery of programs, projects and applications
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity to apply technology in support of business deliverables, process improvement, and cost efficiencies
- Act as an advocate on behalf of the business stakeholders to ensure IT services are addressing their business priorities and needs
- Interact with other enterprise teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development
- Demonstrate ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes
- 5+ year of Management experience in Life/P&C insurance or Annuities
- 5+ years of Hands-on Development experience
- Strong understanding of VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, MS SQL, Oracle and Business Objects
- Excellent in collaborative environment with the ability to lead a development team.
- Strong skills for verbal & written communication targeting technical and non-technical audiences
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turnaround times.
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science or related field.
Skill Sets, and Experience desired for this position:
- Prior experience consulting in the Financial Service or Insurance Industry strongly preferred
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Social Media, Oracle, Consulting, Database, Developer, Marketing, Technology
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Dan S.Business Development Lead
Dan is responsible for delivering software solutions that improve the insurance purchasing experience for clients.
Back to top