Systems Analyst - Client Communications
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The role of Systems Analyst will analyze and interpret business and user requirements into technical specifications that have an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by the development and implementation teams. Lead the team and other resources to ensure alignment of technical solutions with business requirements for complex business projects. This role will serve as a liaison between business stakeholders, and IT Delivery teams.
The SA role should be able to work independently to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast paced environment. Develop a deep understanding for business processes, rules and corresponding data flows and system impacts.
- Review project goals, outcomes, and requirements, identify tasks, assess and estimate effort to complete
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements utilizing established standards and bringing best practices to ensure high quality data mapping and technical design deliverables
- Interface with Business Analysts, Solution Engineers and Developers to ensure requirements are met
- Develop business requirements as required
- Identify requirement gaps and collaborate with the appropriate teams to ensure timely resolution
- Proactively engage with project team to identify and implement process improvement opportunities to optimize the flow of work and delivery timelines
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development to advance verification tactics to identify issues and defects prior to formal testing
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in systems and business, keeping current with industry advances in technology for assigned domain
- Evaluate and provide input into release readiness
- 5-7 years of experience in business and/or technical analysis
- Experience working in Financial Services Industry, specifically as it relates to Insurance and/or Annuity Products a plus
- Experience working in a team-based agile or waterfall development environment
- Experience conducting current state vs. target state analysis, gap fitment, scope management
- Experience with and understanding of enterprise solution implementation
- Knowledge of and ability to manage IT work activities, processes and progress within a system to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Knowledge of industry technologies required, experience with a plus (RESTful APIs , HTML, XML, web services, etc.)
- Data management/modeling experience a strong plus
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Proven ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Ability to learn new technologies, self-motivated to research and experiment
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- HP Extreme
- Document Composition
- Sound organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of industry collaboration and documentation tools
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies as the need arise
- Strong desire to work in data and provide a strong customer experience/presentation
- Education - Degrees/Certificates
- Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics, communications, or a related discipline
- Business Analysis CBAP or equivalent certification a plus
- Design concepts training a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top