Strategy and Planning Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Position purpose - Planning and Strategy for Technology Quality partners with Technology Quality Management, Enterprise Strategy & Planning and Senior IT Leaders and is responsible for facilitating the development of Information Technology's long term (3-5 year) roadmap, annual operating planning, managing Technology Quality contractors (on/off boarding process) and conducting monthly IT business reviews. This role aligns the organization around priorities, sequencing of strategic initiatives, budgets, resource capacity and utilization, implementation of strategic resource plans, and financial management.
- Leads the creation of the annual Technology Quality expense plan, which includes budgets and allocation of resource capacity.
- Manages the creation and implementation of a strategic staffing strategy for Technology Quality, which includes the use of internal New York Life NYL positions, managed services providers, and external staff augmentation.
- Aggregates Technology Quality and portfolio level performance dashboards monthly including financials, resource utilization, time reporting, delivery performance, and risk/ issue reporting.
- Works with Head of Technology Quality and Senior Leadership Team to approve additions to staff
- Works with Technology Quality Leads and Procurement to justify and procure external staff
- Creates and manages Technology Quality employee location strategy
- Collaborates with Finance and leadership teams to produce relevant and accurate financial reporting, including budgets, actual spend to date, and forecast
- Helps create and manage the prioritization of Quality technology investments
- Works with Business Relationship Managers, Architecture, and IT Finance to manage idea and demand pipeline and to create business case to qualify strategic opportunities
- Works with Program and Project managers to track and report out on program and project performance and benefits realization across the strategic initiative portfolio.
- Business case preparation and benefits realization tracking across the IT portfolio.
- Works with the IT Business Relationship Managers, and their Portfolio Managers, to adopt standard portfolio management processes and time reporting
- Responsible for optimizing resource capacity and utilization across Technology Quality
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Strategic Planning, Social Media, Quality Manager, Procurement, Strategy, Marketing, Quality, Operations
Back to top