Strategy and Planning Analyst
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This position is for a senior analyst to support planning and demand management activities within the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) organization. We are looking for an individual with experience or deep interest in enterprise data work. This individual needs to demonstrate critical thinking, process orientation and excellent communication skills. The position interacts within the department, lines of technology and our business partners to support the overall EDM strategy, including meeting facilitation for strategy sessions, executive reporting, analysis to improve internal reporting and processes, support to create strategic roadmap.
- Works with the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) network to define cross technology demand requirements and drive EDM prioritization to ensure alignment with key business initiatives and the OneIT roadmap
- Tracks and reports technology projects in conjunction with the PMO working closely with Portfolio Management and Finance
- Helps define and manage the demand intake and prioritization processes for Enterprise Data Management utilizing enterprise intake tools (PPM)
- Analyzes demand and capacity to determine prioritization of technology investments
- Drives team strategy and planning sessions
- Serves as the Data Steward to support Work Force Tracker management
- Applies data to drive business value prioritization
- Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and how those solutions may enable the business
- Facilitates relationships within and outside of the department specifically within the BRM and Portfolio Management networks.
- Facilitates prioritization and business case sessions to help drive out details to support technology investments
- Drives the development and ongoing management of the Enterprise Data Management technology roadmap
- Ensures all Enterprise Data Management resources are allocated accordingly and supports time entry and approval
- Support key team members and other activities as required
- Experience as an analyst, using data to drive decision making
- Experience building relationships
- Experience in business value, process improvement, or technology strategy
- Experience working in the Insurance or Financial services sector preferred
- 3-5 years as a business or technology analyst
- Strong problem solving, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to use data and analyze to make decisions
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills with the demonstrative ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to build relationships with within teams and with business partners
- Collaborative, team oriented and strong communicator
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to details are required
- Sound organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Bachelor’s degree
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Praddy uses data and new technologies in order to develop, test, and ultimately implement new applications for New York Life's business operations.
Back to top