Sr. Development Lead (Actuarial & Annuities)
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
LOCATION: Open to Dallas, NYC or Chicago IL
Development Lead with Actuarial experience.
Development Lead will be responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new interfaces and web applications, as well as providing support for existing systems. Developer should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast paced environment. Communicate directly with customers, actuaries,other programmers throughout the organization, and outside system vendors.
Learn Annuity business managed by the NYL Investments Group, in addition to the technical aspects of administering annuity products.
- Develop and maintain the software framework and services using the .NET framework and Microsoft technologies
- Interact with business analyst/Client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development.
- Closely follow software development best practices.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and production environment.
- Demonstrate ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of annuity products including Variable, Fixed and Income annuity products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 6 + years' experience in .Net programming.
- 2 + years' experience as Actuarial Programmer.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or a related discipline
- VB.Net, ASP.Net, Excel calculations, C#,
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008, 2012
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Available for some travel.
Skill Sets, and Experience desired for this position:
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Experience with Business Object, Oracle
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Developer, Database, Oracle, Programmer, ERP, Technology
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top