New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2014 operating earnings of $2.021 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2014, with affiliates, totaled $552.82 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for 170 years.
- Presents project specific high-level solution design to Solution Architect through Architecture Review process
- Works closely with test teams to ensure effective test strategies to support technical implementation
- Actively collaborates with and align to information, data, security and infrastructure strategies.
- Works with Enterprise Architecture team to ensure standards and best practices are being adhered to
- Partners with Business stakeholders and IT Business Analysts to review and understand business requirements
- Translates business requirements and conceptual architectural design into high-level solution design
- Ensures the alignment of architectural designs and solutions with the organization’s business objectives and architectural standards, principles & patterns
- Documents and reviews technical specifications with Systems Analysts
- Facilitates and leads design review sessions and technical discussions
- Coordinates with Systems Analysts to transform high-level solution design into detailed solution design
- Supports initiatives through the entire solution delivery lifecycle from initial kickoff to production deployment, identifying potential technical risks and develops mitigation plans
- May support Solution Architect in the evaluation and decision process of buy versus build, including packaged applications, SaaS and Cloud based offerings
- Acts as a subject matter expert in assigned functional domain(s), technologies and applications
- Stays current on emerging trends and technologies and integrates into technical solutions according to architectural standards
- Stays current on NYL architectural standards
- Identifies and suggests technical improvements in current systems
- Works with Solution Engineers across NYL Technology that are building out or enhancing applications and solutions by providing mentorship, collaborating on the use of tools and methodology, and sharing expertise to ensure scalable, quality end-to-end solutions that effectively solve business problems
- BS Degree or equivalent
- Advanced technical or business degree preferred
Experience & Skills
- 8 + years of relevant experience in a technical software engineer or technical integrator position
- Experience in Content Management domain including collaboration solutions, correspondence (both printed and e-delivered) and /or social platforms
- Experience in HP Exstream or equivalent is a major plus
- Strong experience with various integration patterns (Web Services, Messaging (MQ), Database Links, File Transfers) as well as some experience with mainframe applications and technologies preferred, as well as experience in one or more of the following: JAVA, HTML, XML, CSS, SAML
- Experience in business systems analysis, requirements elaboration, and high-level architectural design
- Proven ability to assess current technology and future technology architecture direction and apply effectively to future solution roadmaps, including the inter-operability of technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to tailor communication to the target audience to achieve desired results
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment, proactively innovating solutions that support the goals and desired outcomes of Enterprise Technology organization
- Experience working in an onshore/offshore resourcing model
- Proven ability to acquire and maintain technical skills and knowledge in assigned functional domain(s)
- Proven experience working in an Agile environment, effectively questioning, respectfully debating and providing thought leadership to develop the best possible solutions
- Experience in working within cloud-based or off-prem environments as well as with packaged applications a plus
- Proven ability to influence across LOBs and disciplines to drive innovation
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Back to top