New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Position : Solution Developer – Enterprise Data Management
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team provides transformative data capabilities and solutions that serve as the core data, reporting, and analytics platform for the Insurance & Agency Group at New York Life (NYL).
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of the data warehouse solution.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of highly efficient and scalable ETL processes; and working with the ETL architect to understand current data requirements, constraints to design ETL solutions and processes.
- Collaborates with solution architect, BI Business analysts, data modeler, and the data architect
- Responsible for assisting and resolving design issues and defects.
- Works closely with test teams to ensure effective test strategies to support technical implementation.
- Tests the solution through unit testing and component integration testing in every iteration to ensure test readiness.
- Stays current on emerging trends and technologies and integrates into technical solutions according to engineering and architectural standards.
- Interface with Business teams to understand business strategies, requirements, and pain points that can be aided by business solutions, reports, and analytics
- Interface with Technology teams to export, transform and deliver data elements to stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Works with Technology teams to identify and implement new data solutions.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
- 8 + Years of Data Warehousing Experience
- 7 + Years of Strong development experience with IBM DataStage
- 3 + Years of DataStage 8.7 or Higher
- 4 + Years of DataStage Parallel Job Design
- 7 + Years of writing complex SQL, PL/SQL queries around Data Analysis, Data Lineage & Reconciliation preferably in Oracle
- 5 + years of creating Data Lineage documents, Source to Target (STM) Mapping documents and Low Level Technical Specification Documents
- 4 + Years of design and implementation of ETL/ELT framework for complex warehouses/data marts.
- Hands-on development mentality, with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Life Insurance Industry Experience a huge plus
- Keen ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Experience working in an On-site/Off-site Development Model
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top