A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Position : Solution Developer - Enterprise Data Management
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team provides transformative data capabilities and solutions that serve as the core data, reporting, and analytics platform for the Insurance & Agency Group at New York Life (NYL).
Primary Responsibilities :
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of the data warehouse solution.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of highly efficient and scalable ETL processes; and working with the ETL architect to understand current data requirements, constraints to design ETL solutions and processes.
- Collaborates with solution architect, BI Business analysts, data modeler, and the data architect
- Responsible for assisting and resolving design issues and defects.
- Works closely with test teams to ensure effective test strategies to support technical implementation.
- Tests the solution through unit testing and component integration testing in every iteration to ensure test readiness.
- Stays current on emerging trends and technologies and integrates into technical solutions according to engineering and architectural standards.
- Interface with Business teams to understand business strategies, requirements, and pain points that can be aided by business solutions, reports, and analytics
- Interface with Technology teams to export, transform and deliver data elements to stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Works with Technology teams to identify and implement new data solutions.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
- 8 + Years of Data Warehousing Experience
- 7 + Years of Strong development experience with IBM DataStage
- 3 + Years of DataStage 8.7 or Higher
- 4 + Years of DataStage Parallel Job Design
- 7 + Years of writing complex SQL, PL/SQL queries around Data Analysis, Data Lineage & Reconciliation preferably in Oracle
- 5 + years of creating Data Lineage documents, Source to Target (STM) Mapping documents and Low Level Technical Specification Documents
- 4 + Years of design and implementation of ETL/ELT framework for complex warehouses/data marts.
- Hands-on development mentality, with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree a plus
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Life Insurance Industry Experience a huge plus
- Keen ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Experience working in an On-site/Off-site Development Model
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Social Media, Database, Engineer, Oracle, ERP, Marketing, Technology, Engineering
Back to top