Solution Delivery Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
- Solution Delivery Lead (aka. Tech Delivery Lead)
- Solution Delivery Lead will partner with Agency Field Development business leaders to facilitate IT project initiation, prioritization, solution selection, scheduling, execution oversight, and communication. Individual is expected to lead a technology team of NYL employees and Vendor partners to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Work closely with business analysis, development, testing, service and operations, product management and finance teams.
- Responsible for successful delivery of technical solution aligned to business and architecture roadmap
- Act as an advocate on behalf of the business stakeholders to ensure IT services are addressing their business priorities and needs
- Ensures that the solution/technology remains aligned with the overall product strategies and with the architectural design as approved.
- Engages the Solution Architect and Domain Architect when the solution appears to be departing from the approved design or appears to require changes in the approved design
Program Planning & Delivery
- Works closely with Product Managers to make certain Features are appropriately refined, estimated, prioritized and approved for delivery
- Supports the Solution Refinement in the build, refinement, and approval of features in the Program backlog
- Assures that the Solution Refinement meets their objectives, including those associated with cost, schedule, quality and scope
- Participates in requirements elaboration and s eeks opportunities for automation
- Develops delivery content/sequence and dependencies
- Accepts realized features in the system baseline
- Participate in PI (Program Increment) planning
- Work with delivery teams to implement DevOps
- Ensure the existence and implementation of test criteria
Environment / Technical Delivery
- Manages environments and aligns each environment to a specific purpose (unit test, systems test, UAT, etc.)
- Coordinates system access for project team participants
- Supports automation of builds and code deployment across environments
- Coordinates code build and deployment across environments
- Manages the grouping of deployments delivered by the release trains/cross-tech matrix delivery organizations and teams
- Ensures the following are taking place:
- Series of automated tests to ensure the core functionality within the environment is working
- Monitoring performance dynamics and footprint for an application
- Interact with other enterprise teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development
- Partners with multiple key business and technology stakeholders
- Coordinates work with enabling IT organizations including EAB, SRB, EIS, ECS
- Supports delivery and review of statuses (eg. CIC, monthly business reviews, technology portfolio reviews, etc.)
- Offers technical expertise and institutional knowledge to the benefit of the team
- Takes a leadership position in representing the IT organization on the project including management of vendor partners
- Provides periodic (typically weekly) status updates on assigned epics to Technology leadership for awareness and proactively engages leaders to celebrate successes and to manage delivery misses.
- Responsible for financial oversight of assigned epics, assessing program spend on at least a monthly basis and ensuring expected value was delivered.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Social Media, Developer, Testing, Business Analyst, Product Manager, Marketing, Technology, Operations
Back to top