Solution Architect - Enterprise Integration Services
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Solution Architect for Enterprise Integration Services is accountable and responsible for designing technology solutions that meet the goals, requirements and business outcomes for specific initiatives and assigned business domains working in full support of the Domain Architect and Business / Systems Analysts. This position will help advance the directives of the organization around simplification, and modernization of our technology stacks by providing architectural leadership in the implementation of our enterprise integration fabric and data strategy.
- Contributes to the development and executes to deliver a future state architecture that transforms our current technology landscape from monolithic to service oriented decoupling presentation layers and business logic from systems of record
- Facilitates solution design discussions
- Provides domain specific technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, platforms and environments
- Generates conceptual/logical architectures, system documents and risk assessments
- Responsible for ensuring the recommended design is followed through to implementation through reviews of high-level and detailed design documentation
- Collaborates with Cloud services team to align services for the cloud supporting a continuous develop and continuous integration methodology
- Drive innovation through API and Microservices
- Supports application teams in utilizing the integration layer effectively to facilitate speed to delivery of business capabilities
- Participates in R&D activities related to technologies in the specified area of expertise, making recommendations for possible acquisition.
- Develops, improves, validates and uses tools to improve both the effectiveness and efficiency of architectural efforts, within both the area of expertise and scope of influence.
- Works closely with EA and Security to understand processes, standards and guidelines to facilitate speed to delivery
- A minimum of 4 years technical leadership and/or architecture experience.
- Experience in defining architectures that meet security, scalability, high availability, and network management/monitoring requirements, in a hybrid environment
- Experience in Systems engineering techniques such as architecture modeling, alternative analysis, tradeoff analysis, and portfolio analysis.
- Experience in business process modeling & reengineering.
- Experience in various architecture disciplines like Application, Data, Security and Infrastructure.
- Experience with developing integration solutions and ecosystems that decouple data from systems of records and presentation systems that scale.
- Strong knowledge of API's and Frameworks and data integration models
- Expertise in developing SOAP and REST WS-service design patterns for reuse and consumption.
- Expertise of XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, REST and WSDL technologies
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture design, web/RESTful services, and event-driven architecture.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment, proactively innovating solutions that support the goals and desired outcomes that provide business value
- Experience in designing for 24 x 7 availability in a complex, primarily batch driven environment.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and principles
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills including ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; ability to communicate effectively to business leaders and technology subject matter experts
- Ability to build and maintain exceptional working relationships in a diverse environment
- Ability to facilitate or independently research application issues
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Possess high level of organizational skill and keen attention to detail
Education - Degrees/Certificates
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Architecture, Solution Architect, Engineer, Accounting, Developer, Engineering, Technology, Finance
Back to top