Service Management Process Owner
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The Service Management Process Owner serves as the process owner and manager, typically for two related ITIL processes, and is responsible for end-to-end ownership of monitoring, measuring, reporting, and continually improving those processes. For these respective process areas, the Process Owner reviews the quality of services being delivered and proactively develops plans to improve performance to enhance value of the service delivered to the business and technology.
In addition to the end-to-end ownership of one or more service management processes, the role also collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to create and document requirements for process enhancements, efficiencies and improvements and manages these requests from the ideation phase to eventual execution/implementation. This role serves as part of the Service Management Office (SMO) that works to drive operational excellence, mature new and existing processes and apply a culture of continual improvement to achieve business/technology goals and objectives within the organization.
- End to End Ownership of assigned Service Management Processes (Design, Implement, Execute, and Improve)
- Proactively strive to increase process maturity levels according to internal and industry maturity models
- Develop and Report on process Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to demonstrate organization effectiveness and compliance
- Collaborate and gather requirements from internal/external stakeholders to implement process enhancements, efficiencies and improvements
- Proactively makes decisions and implements actions that will have a continuing effect on the improved quality of processes managed and led by the Service Management Office (SMO)
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Leader an any process audit-related inquiries and formal audits
- Active contributor to the development, operations and strategy for Service Management processes and tools to ensure effective management and usage to enable continuous process/technology efficiencies
- Ensure that the process, roles, responsibilities and documentation are regularly reviewed and audited
- Ability to work under pressure and be highly pro-active in prioritizing issues and driving continuous improvement across the organization
- Support other duties assigned by manager
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years minimum of experience in service management, service delivery, and/or process management
- Advanced communication (oral and written) skills; the ability to listen effectively, react appropriately to feedback and communicate to all levels including executive and senior levels
- Knowledge of best practice methodologies and techniques including ITIL, Agile, Lean and the ability to effectively apply to improve business and technical operations
- In-depth experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Excel
- Experience with service management applications/platforms (esp. ServiceNow)
- ITIL Foundations certificate required and ITIL Advanced certifications preferred
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Manager, Service Manager, Social Media, Management, Customer Service, Marketing
Back to top