Senior Salesforce.com Business Analyst
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Business Analyst elicits, analyzes and documents requirements for Information Management for the Salesforce.com enterprise roll out.
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions for requests, proactively drawing out requirements from stakeholders.
- Performs gap analysis to identify opportunities for process improvement or management control of work flow.
- Writes User Stories in agile framework.
- Participates in requirements gathering sessions as a representative of Information Management
- Creates requirements definition documentation and simple functional specifications to capture business needs and for validation with the customer and shared with project stakeholders.
- Analyzes requirements and assesses feasibility; consults technical team as appropriate
- Validates and obtains sign-off for functional requirements/specifications.
- Creates functional design documents
- Manages and documents changes to requirements throughout the project.
- Transitions functional knowledge to technical team
- Tracks and reports on projects meeting defined requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Reviews test scripts to validate requirements are being tested
- Reviews test plans and scripts for completeness and accuracy.
- Familiar with the data aligned to the LOB. Works closely with the BA
- Responsible for metric analysis (KPIs)
- Possesses a strong understanding of current business analysis tools.
- Experience with CRM, particularly Salesforce.com
- Typical candidates will possess 7+ years of business or technical experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience working within Agile methodology a plus
- Possesses understanding of technologies, developer tools, development methods, systems and programming languages.
- Analyzes process and data flows, identifying potential redundancies, overlaps in accountability, key decision points, etc.
- Receives specific direction; work in progress is reviewed routinely.
- Responds and communicates efficiently within user and IT organizations to facilitate resolution of user issues as and when necessary.
- Communicates equally effectively in business and technical terms.
- Financial Services experience preferred
Education / Training
- Required Bachelor’s degree; equivalent work experience accepted
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Praddy uses data and new technologies in order to develop, test, and ultimately implement new applications for New York Life's business operations.
Back to top