Senior Associate - Websphere #20562
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Primary Administrator and Support for Middleware technologies including Websphere ND Application Server, Pega PRPC application software. Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of complex, mission-critical middleware installations. Coordinate and assist with research efforts to discover modifications and enhancements to existing configurations and procedures. Manage Middleware release and patch levels, technology versioning and product roadmaps. Conduct evaluations of overall system performance to develop and implement recommendations to address and resolve issues.
- Responsible for the configuration, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of high-availability middleware and web services that make up the strategic Application Infrastructure/enabling Technologies (WebSphere, , IIS, Apache, Pega PRPC)
- Work with application development groups to tune and troubleshoot their applications within a fault-tolerant WebSphere/WAS environment
- Assists in resolving issues that may occur within middleware services and inter-operability with RDBMS and other integrated back-end systems.
- Follows processes needed to model, integrate, automate and manage reliable, highly-available, and flexible business middleware installations
- Create and update system documentation
- Manage system integrity and availability
- Interfaces with staff and external, applications/systems analysts, manufacture's representatives and departmental personnel to implement new projects and provide assistance in resolution of technical issues
- Off-hours support and on-call rotation required
- Capacity planning and performance tuning
- Assist in defining, documenting, and socializing clear and effective support and escalation processes
- Deployment, installation, configuration and maintenance
- Disaster Recovery planning and documentation
- Ensure that all documentation is up-to-date and develop new documentation
- Assist SME on middleware technologies during technology and development Projects
- 3+ years hands-on experience in System Administration and Support with a focus on Middleware technologies, including at least 1+ year's current experience with WebSphere installation, configuration, administration and support in high-availability, multi-platform environments.
- Expert knowledge of IBM Websphere Application Server ND, WAS clustering and failover, Deployment Manager
- Experience installing and maintaining J2EE-based Application Server environments
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Skilled at monitoring performance of software and hardware and recommending and implementing changes to maintain acceptable performance
- Experience anticipating future performance requirements to support growth and scalability
- Experience implementing and managing SSL certificates
- Good communications skills and the ability to self manage
- Strong ability to lean and apply knowledge to tasks and role
- Capacity planning and performance tuning experience
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top