Senior Associate, WCM Developer #38125
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Assists and supports the development and maintenance of cost effective application software utilizing knowledge of tools, concepts and principles to construct and deliver software in direct support of customer business needs across all internal development platforms. This position will be assisting in leading digital vendor development projects as a team member of the current vendor team.
- Act as a technical liaison between vendor development, marketing content authors, and internal WCM teams.
- Interact with customers and other Systems department personnel to design, develop and maintain business applications that effectively support the NYL/Tampa Operations business customers.
- Lead vendor development efforts with a focus on adhering to NYL coding standards.
- Designs, develops, maintains and supports our WCM website applications utilizing both Sitecore or Adobe AEM as well as existing C# .NET applications.
- Assists in the evaluation and analysis of vendor system software packages to meet business requirements.
- Provides recommendations on methodology, environment, and deployment and development environment improvements. Uses knowledge and experience in solving complex problems.
- Develops a sequence of programming steps translating business model specifications into detailed system component specifications, including file design and operating instructions.
- Supports the creation and execution of unit test plans and debugs programs.
- Analyzes job requests from user departments for feasibility and impact on current applications systems.
- Designs, develops, maintains and supports multi-platform application systems in order to increase productivity and promote reusability
- Performs other assignments to comply with business strategies and initiatives.
- Recommends resources to complete job requests.
- 2+ years Content Management Experience
- Development lead experience including the ability to coordinate, through the full project life cycle, the efforts of project team members including end-users, vendors and internal systems staff.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design and flow.
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume, mission critical, productions systems.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in an aggressive, multi-tasking environment.
- Adaptive to change.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn through on the job experience.
- 3-5 years experience working in object oriented analysis, design and development
- 3-5 years developing website applications with C# and/or Java
- 3+ years experience working with relational databases (e.g., DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, et al.)
- Experience developing in XML-related technologies (e.g., XML, DTD, XML Schema, XSLT, XQuery, XPath)
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
- *Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Praddy uses data and new technologies in order to develop, test, and ultimately implement new applications for New York Life's business operations.
Back to top