Senior Associate - Solution Analyst #38326
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Directly responsible for interacting with business units and other Systems area personnel to define, develop and complete strategic and tactical initiatives that effectively support the NYL/Tampa Operations
- Performs user functional analysis for the development of strategic and tactical initiatives for the business units
- Partners with functional groups within the organization to clarify business requirements and to ensure technologies are aligned with business needs
- Understands overall technical direction and communicates this direction to the business to ensure consistent and common application of technology solutions
- Ensure clear and complete project requirements in order to deliver a complete solution
- Works with business units to define and complete detailed business requirements for tactical and/or strategic recommendations
- May provide ongoing support throughout the pilot phase of the initiative
- Builds partnerships with the business and technical representatives to create a team atmosphere while in problem solving activities
- Conducts structured interviews with various business and technical representatives to gather information relating to a specific business situation
- Creates workflow diagrams that reflect current and future business environments
- Documents findings, formulates alternatives and finalizes recommendations
- Facilitate project work related to the NYL/Tampa Operations business from beginning phases through implementation
- Perform other assignments to comply with business strategies and initiatives
- Lead special task forces and Quality Improvement Teams
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend vendor system software packages to meet business requirements
- Provide recommendations on methodology improvements
- Develops presentations to business and technical partners to communicate/sell findings and recommendations
- Use knowledge and experience to mentor team members. Assist in cross-training team members in system intricacies and improving team members’ technical skills.
- At least seven years applicable business analyst experience
- May have some degree of supervisory of responsibility based on the scope of the project. Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Possesses PC desktop software skills (proficient with MS Office Product Suite.)
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills with emphasis in pro-active brainstorming and debating dialogues
- Possesses three years business systems development expertise
- Experience with interviewing, researching and documenting findings
- Requires high energy, positive thinking and an assertive personality that is perceived as professional, open, intelligent and a remarkable contributor to any team
- Knowledge of how technology can enhance the business environment
- Understanding of quantification and comparative analysis recommended
- Ability to form broad enterprise-wide solutions
- Possesses three years of web technology and analytical expertise
- Minimum five years related business experience
- Knowledge of Life Insurance, Annuities, Marketing and/or Telemarketing systems and applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Experience with SDLC methodologies (e.g., Rational Unified Process (RUP), Iterative Development, et al.) preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Back to top