Senior Associate - Production Support Lead
- Austin, TX
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Description - Long Term Care
Long-term care is ongoing assistance that an individual needs in order to conduct basic daily activities, as the result of a chronic health challenge or cognitive impairment. These various home, community-based, and facility services are generally not covered by private health insurance or government programs.
Description - Team & Role
The Data & Analytics team supports all business areas through insightful reporting and analytics, production application support, and IT operations. We partner with and support each area (claims, actuarial, underwriting, sales, finance/accounting, etc.), leveraging data to drive business strategy, decision making, and support of our distribution efforts.
As a member of the Data & Analytics team, you will be involved in production application support. This portion of the team focuses on consistent, high-quality attention to issues that arise in the applications most critical to LTC business.
- Actively monitor incoming/existing production application defects or issues within NYL LTC
- Coordinate root cause analysis and defect resolution with application development teams
- Engage with LTC business stakeholders to communicate relevant incident status
- Coordinate escalations in the face of emergency system issues
- Contribute to business process models and documentation for internal and external application support protocol
- Manage risks and mitigation/contingency plans ensuring right level of visibility
- 2+ years experience as a Business Analyst, position level commensurate with experience
- High level of curiosity and investigative mind-set with an attention to detail
- Experience using data to solve problems
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly experienced at dealing with clients/users at all levels
- Experience working with ServiceNow is a plus
- Experience with SQL (Oracle, SQL Server) is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, or similar background
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Underwriter, Social Media, Oracle, Claims, Database, Insurance, Marketing, Technology
Back to top