Salesforce.com - Business Analyst
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Salesforce.com - Sales & Service Cloud Business Analyst /System Administrator
This role will be for an SME of Salesforce.com, specifically Sales & Service Clouds for our Retail Annuities Operations Service Center. This position will require skills in business & systems analysis, solicitation and documentation of business requirements, solution recommendations and scoping of the level of effort for the solution. It will also include leading the effort to configure, test, and implement those solutions based on Salesforce.com best practices, including the development of training materials. In this role, you will work closely with business users to understand their needs and ensure their comfort, adoption and satisfaction of the solutions, as well as working closely with our technology partners .
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gather, document, and analyze business requirements to build and implement customized solutions that support the firms' business processes
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and functional gaps in existing systems and Salesforce.com setup
- Perform daily administration and support of Saleforce.com including user set up, assigning profiles, roles, permission sets etc.
- Implement enhancements to Salesforce.com; keep current on new features of Salesforce.com to create recommendations for best practices and utilization of the CRM system
- Create and customize reports and dashboards
- Manage complex workflow rules, validations and triggers
- Create and manage custom objects, formula fields, validation rules, workflow rules, reports and dashboard
- Communicate/Collaborate with developers on implementing solutions that include Apex Classes, Triggers, Visualforce Pages with custom controllers, SOAP/REST APIs
- Prepare training plans, materials and documentation for end users customers, keep materials up-to-date, and coordinate ongoing training sessions
Skills and Education:
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Salesforce.com administration/development, specifically with Service Cloud
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification (201) required
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Strong network in the Salesforce.com community
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail are required
- Superb project management skills. Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, multi-task and quickly assess and adjust priorities, meeting deadlines and exceeding end user expectations
- Ability to succeed in a very dynamic, fast-paced highly goal-oriented environment
- Must have a high sense of urgency, strong sense of customer focus and the ability to work autonomously with little direction
- Requires excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Passionate about technology and leveraging technology to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with relational database applications
- Knowledge of Annuity Products, Service & Sales Operations, and CTI are a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Database, Sales Operations, CRM, Finance, Technology, Sales
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top