Salesforce Technical Lead/Architect
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The technology group is looking for a Salesforce.com SME to join their CRM team in order to help support salesforce.com CRM system for Sales, Service and Marketing. This provides an opportunity to be part of a very complex and state of the art technology stack to work. Requires interacting with various business partners, technology teams and senior management. Our platform host 20,000+ users, therefore a critical application for the organization and foundational platform to support the overall digital transformation strategy. The candidate need to be a quick learner, self-motivated and ready to work in a large team structure. The candidate need to work with a large team spread over south Asia and onshore in NE.
- This role includes technical design/development, configuration, maintenance, administration and integration of the Salesforce platform.
- Provide solutions that are scalable, extensible and easy to maintain while keeping the overall end-user experience in mind.
- Highly motivated self-starter individual demonstrating integrity, initiative and innovation qualities.
- Salesforce developer with Apex, Visualforce and Force.com programming skills.
- Java / JS programming skills are required.
- Demonstrative success with at least one large Salesforce.com sales/service/marketing cloud project.
- Knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application required.
- Experience working in the Insurance Industry is a definite plus.
- Salesforce.com certifications (401/501) are a plus.
- XML/JSON/Web Services (WSDL/SOAP/REST) experience is a plus.
- Having lightning experience is a plus.
- More than Five years of combined application development experience.
- Three years of Salesforce.com application development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- Strong communication skills preferred.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Architecture, Accounting, Developer, CRM, Java, Engineering, Finance, Technology
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Business Development Lead
Dan is responsible for delivering software solutions that improve the insurance purchasing experience for clients.
Back to top