Salesforce Solution Engineer
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, and is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. At year end 2013 New York Life had a total surplus of $21.141 billion and holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa ; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 6/18/14)
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for nearly 170 years.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, May 20, 2013. See http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2013/faq/ for methodology
The Salesforce Solution Engineer is a key role in the enterprise Salesforce organization. They see complex business and technology problems and use Salesforce to design holistic, scalable, elegant, and integrated solutions. This person will be responsible for design, build, and delivery of CRM solutions. The Salesforce Solution Engineer is comfortable communicating with business stakeholders and vendor teams. The successful candidate will have a minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience and be adept at building applications to defined requirements.
- Participate in technical design sessions to design technical solutions that are aligned with business objectives
- Technical delivery of custom development, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Build and support lightning applications in collaboration with other teams.
- Build and support mobile applications (Salesforce 1 or Hybrid).
- Develop custom solutions and integrations leveraging the Salesforce platform.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to other junior developer resources.
- Build and manage the execution of test plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Be a credible subject matter expert to business and partners on the capabilities of upcoming Salesforce capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- Ability to design and optimize business processes and integrate business processes across disparate systems
- Minimum three years Salesforce platform and integration experience
- Good understanding of Salesforce product suite. Including Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Data Cloud, Platform and the App Exchange
- Direct configuration experience using Salesforce point-and-click developer interface
- Awareness of programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform, including Apex and VisualForce
- Understanding of the Salesforce data loader for data migration activities in Salesforce
- Strong background in design and development of systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum
- Multiple Salesforce certifications (Advanced Developer, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, etc.)
- Previous experience in implementing Salesforce Lightning.
- Ability to not only build the strategic solution but also contribute to hands-on configuration, Apex/VF programming and integration development
- Deep functional knowledge of sales and support business processes
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Praddy uses data and new technologies in order to develop, test, and ultimately implement new applications for New York Life's business operations.
Back to top