QA Analyst (End to End Testing)
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Note: Position location can be in Alpharetta, GA or Dallas, TX
3-5 years experience working with Test Leads and Release Coordinators across the organization. The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for ensuring end-to-end testing is properly planned and executed for changes that potentially impact up-stream and down-stream systems.
- Develops end-to-end test scenarios for identified systems that have cross-organizational impact
- Facilitates and coordinates the testing associated with large infrastructure changes
- Supports Testers in defining application and integration test scenarios and preparing test scripts and data associated with end-to-end testing
- Executes tests to compare results with requirements, verifies test requirements, readiness, and identifies defects
- Facilitates the resolution of defect(s) identified from end-to-end test execution
- Working with the Environments Manager, assist in the standardization and establishment of the end-to-end environment
- Working with Release Coordinator, provides approval to deploy changes to end-to-end environment
- Working with the QM Data Analysts and the Test Data Management Shared Services, ensures test data integrity across target systems
- Contributes to writing and refining the test strategy
- Ensures technical requirements are traceable to business requirements
- Responsible for defining the integration test approach for end-to-end testing and test cycles
- Contributes to defining test data management and environment management approach
- Supports in establishing and validating test environment
Education / Training
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Previous Experience, Expected Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to define test strategies and approaches
- Experience with system integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience with developing test scenarios and preparing and executing test scripts across a range of technologies
- Experience with test and defect management tools
- Ability to work across a spectrum of roles such as Release Management function and cross organizational Test Leads to effectively plan and execute testing
- Working knowledge of the QA review and testing process, designing test scenarios and test scripts, including understanding various testing techniques and tools, and technology impacts
- Ability to decompose requirements into detailed test cases for test execution
- Ability to understand cross-domains, associated impacts of various changes and ensuring adequate test coverage from an end-to-end perspective
- Ability to provide leadership in test execution across application domains
- End to end functional testing experience required a must
- Experience testing upstream and downstream applications a must
- Strong system integration testing and/or interface testing experience
- Experience in managing model office (or pre production) environment a plus
- Experience in authoring test scenarios covering end to end testing on multiple application / systems
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Praddy uses data and new technologies in order to develop, test, and ultimately implement new applications for New York Life's business operations.
Back to top