New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
- The IT PMO has an immediate need for a Technology Project Manager to lead cross-functional and technology teams to drive the planning, implementation, and deployment of annuity technology products and services for our Retail Annuity lines of business. The ideal candidate should have annuity product knowledge and have experience in deploying annuity and insurance products. The candidate should have exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. The candidate will be expected to establish technology priorities, make appropriate trade-offs to optimize delivery, and clearly present goals, progress, and outcomes for the different stakeholders involved.
- The Annuity Technology area supports our Third-Party Distribution (TPD) channel as well as our Agency channel. The TPD line of business services annuities sold through banks and broker-dealers. Our service center business partners have strong backgrounds in technology, sales, and service. You will be required to earn trust, be action oriented, dive deep into the issues and deliver solutions and results. The ideal candidate should be a passionate self-starter able to navigate ambiguity and competing priorities.
- You will be based out of our Jersey City office, which has a culture of jeans, open space desk design, fun Fridays and high collaboration. Our business partners are in the NYL home office in NYC so you will also need to have a presence there for face to face meetings.
Role of the Project Manager
- Lead and manage the requirements, user acceptance testing and implementation of medium to large scale cross functional projects following the prescribed Technology Delivery Lifecycle (TDLC)
- Leads all project phases, coordinating with business partners, vendors, and other relevant areas of IT.
- Interfaces with stakeholders and management to manage delivery expectations, provide status updates on projects and discuss concerns. Is accountable for ensuring resolution of concerns/issues.
- Actively manages the execution of the project, including assigning tasks to staff, managing scope and ensuring the quality of deliverables.
- Proactively leads and executes project risk management and mitigation ensuring that material variations are proactively communicated to stakeholders.
- Integrates the work of large teams and multiple vendors to deliver project success.
- Manage and monitor budget and reconcile to within 10% of plan
- Experience and understanding of both Waterfall and Agile project management philosophies
- Leadership and relationship management skills are needed for the overall day-to-day management of projects to ensure that project objectives are achieved within time/cost/quality constraints
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, organizational skills, the ability to work within all levels of the organization, and the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure while providing a positive image
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills including the ability to respond to changing needs and shifting priorities
- Communicates complex ideas; persuades and negotiates with others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's degree
- PMP certification or related work experience a must; Agile/Scrum certifications a plus
- 3-5 years people management experience, especially coaching and leading a plus
- Solid understanding of Annuity products and concepts
- Excellent PC skills in MS Office including MS Project
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Project Manager, Risk Management, Manager, Relationship Manager, Technology, Finance, Management, Customer Service
Back to top